1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to hide/not think about your sexuality and be happy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Caecilian65, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Apologies if this is supposed to go somewhere else. I have been struggling for a little while to connect who I am and my sexual preferences to my lifestyle of living and working in the outback. On the one hand I feel like not telling anyone my sexuality will help me make friends in the country, get a job and not be isolated. I means it's no ones business anyway right? Yet on the other I don't really know how to stop thinking about it? I mean it still comes up in my mind even thought I always keep busy but sitting at home at night the thoughts of dating someone, having one night stands or telling people that I have known for a while that I am not just straight. How do others ignore all the thoughts on your sexuality and focus on other things? I mean my work is supposed to be my passion and a big part of my life! Am I just not busy enough?

Every once in a while it starts to affect me and I want to go back to share housing in the future but I don't want anyone to know. Also my libido is quite high which doesn't mix well with living with other people.

Hope that makes sense and isnt too much information.

Thanks everyone!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Couldn't you tell some people? Even in the outback, there should be some tolerant people. The problem with bottling things up is that you spend so much energy on hiding your sexuality. Yes, it is no one's business, but you are going to run into scenarios where people will assume you are straight, so you might as well have some people who know the truth. Being a workaholic is not a healthy solution to being in the closet.