1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutual Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CG4Life02, Jan 5, 2017.

1. CG4Life02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello all, get comfortable before you read this :icon_redf .So there's this guy at my school that I like, really like. It started near the end of Year 9 at school and has carried through until now. Since I've "known" him I've always seen him as attractive but didn't start liking him since recently.
    So he's in my form at school so we know each other and are pretty comfortable together if we were to be put in groups etc. but we haven't been properly good friends- we also have mutual friends that I have been good friends with before but i kinda found that this guy was annoying, he'd often go out of his way to annoy me when we've been put on the same tables before. I always considered him as straight and didn't really want to try and create relationships because of school, I guess because of this I hadn't noticed things he'd said or done to convey otherwise. I have comprised a list everything that he has done since the start of the school year;
    German (Year 9) = most of our class was out of school so there was only about 5 students in our class, because of this our teacher booked us a computer room. When we got there he decided to sit next to me so all was fine. A little way through the lesson there was a pause in our conversation and he suddenly says "stop looking at my dick" while stretching back (I had been looking at the monitor the whole time.
    1. Business (food tech room) = we both kind of look at each other across the classroom while sir is talking, I look away. A few seconds later I look back and he's still looking but with a (smug) smile on his face.
    2. Study Skills (History room) = I go up to get paper for my table after he does for his, I start getting them and he mocks " Ciaran stop taking all of the paper" (I have like 3 pieces, he has like 8) and I say "I'm not" and carry on. He repeats what he said so I say playfully "make me" he puts his hand over the paper. I can still get the paper and start getting another piece, he puts his hand down on mine and we make eye contact for a few seconds longer than required. He stops and I carry on, then he says "excuse me" to get past (tight fit) he hugs me (I don't wriggle) and then I move out of his way --later in the lesson he says loudly enough for me to hear "...but I'm gay" (half sarcastic but also almost truthful?)
    3. Making eye contact in form time
    4. I can feel him look at me in other lessons
    5. In maths, when I laugh he always looks back (I sit next to class joker so it happens quite a lot) and if he'll make a comment he'll direct it at me. Usually he won't laugh unless I'm laughing
    6. Maths= one of my friends and him are talking about hair, and the other guy then suggests someone and he's like hmm. Then the other guy says "or, like (mine)'s " and w turns around and says "yeah ,I love (mine)'s hair"
    7. R.E = in a film we were watching a character made a 'queer' joke ,and even though it was funny (everyone in the class at least snorted- even the ones that don't usually) I noted that he didn't laugh and remained having a serious face
    8. Outside P.E. Department building= I was waiting for the teachers to come and let us into the changing rooms and him and his friends turned up and he was like "hey, let's tell (me) what we did at lunchtime" now I'm not exactly good friends with him and we don't usually talk ,anyway he told me about what they did and if the teachers found out they would have been in big trouble, then another of their group said 'you didn't just tell him did you?' and he was like 'Yh but I trust (me) and he's not exactly going to tell anyone' (even though I am one of the top and teachers favorite pupils I must admit I'm not a snitch - especially if it's anything to do with him :wink: )
    9. Hallway= whilst waiting for form I saw him come in ,smiled at him (returned) and didn't pay much attention ,he was with his main group of friends as I with mine but seemed as though he was paying me more attention and didn't even contribute to their conversation (something he usually does). I then walk to the opposite side of the hallway where there is a window, I did this as it would put my back towards him so it's not too obvious that I'm interested in him to everyone else. I was talking to one of my friends when the only other person who I've told whispered "he was staring" I hushed her and waited until later to ask- she said that when I had my back turned he was staring at me for a good ten seconds until he must have felt her eyes, locked eyes with her and quickly turned around rejoining his group
    10. Maths=We got given a new seating plan in maths (from a random pick out of the hat upon entering the classroom) and I sat in my new seat. He was later than most (as usual) due to his music practice at lunch. He picked the paper and got the seat that was next to a girl on one side and an empty seat on the other that was next to me. He ignored the girl when he entered (I heard her ask him why) but I decided to talk to my friend who was behind me (see if he'd say anything to me) he sat down and got his stuff ready and the teacher was preparing the lesson so I turned around and started getting my stuff out and then he turned to me smiling and asked "Hey (me), would you like it if I sat next to you?". Kinda seductively so I said if he really wanted to but when he went to move then the teacher said he couldn't move places. A few minutes later I was talking to my friend behind me again and I made a forced laugh that really couldn't be detected as fake and never has been, but then he turns to me and says "That was such a fake laugh" with a smirk on his face, so I played along slightly and that was that. Throughout the lesson he was slightly facing me in his seat and I could see him looking at me quite often throughout the lesson.

So what do you guys think? My friend from her own observations seems to think that he likes me, and I sorta hope so too but am I being biased? And if he does like me, if anything, what should I do?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ciaran,

I've got to say that nothing you wrote makes him sound like he wants anything more than to be good friends with you. And it certainly sounds like he's making every overture to be your friend.

So, what would you have to lose by making him a good friend at this point? Good friends are always important to have, even if they are not romantic prospects.

Just saying...