1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend broke up with me "I dont know whats wrong with me but I meed to figure me."

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cwhitlock, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cwhitlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, long story short my ex broke up with me 3 days ago. There was a long week long dispute about him speaking to his ex who lives like 5 states away on skype. I told him I didnt trust him buying him gifts and hiding it from me because it doesnt seem trustworthy. He stopped talking to him and after a disagrement the next morning he broke up with me saying he doesn't know what is wrong with himself but he needs time to figure it out.

He keeps telling me that maybe after he figures out things that we can get back together. I moved from California to the East Coast for him about 9 months ago. We dated for nearly 3 years. Im 25 he is almost 21. We made things work out and everything when we lived in california but he missed his family so I gave up everything and moved with him. We got jobs, renting a nice house with both of us on the lease.

I dont know what the hell he is going though because he closed me off. He feels like a failure and trash. Idk if he wants to explore other guys and that is why he is letting me off easy or if he plans on getting the help he needs. Depression and episodes of mania have always been an issue and communication sometimes was as he tends to enternalize things and I tend to be emotional and take things to heart. He hasnt said why he broke it off with me other than that. I dont know if he wants time to figure himself out or if he is being kind and saying he wants other guys.

The worse part is that he lives with me. I moved from california so I have no family, his family live 40-50 miles away and he doesnt have a car to commute. So therefore we are stuck with one another. Worse is that I keep lieing to myself that I want space. He wants me to come hang out with him everyday in the media room to play games, watch anime. He gets super depressed and hides in his room if I dont keep him company as he has no friends. I want to be his friend but I still fucking love him and he is hella stern that he doesnt want ANYTHING with me. I have already sobbed to him to take me back and to allow me to help work on those issues with him.

Im at a loss please help me solve this issue and to help me understand my emotions and his.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2017 at 12:03 AM ----------

He wanted to say yes when I came to him asking him for forgiveness and to allow me to help if he needs it. He just said he needed to do this on his own. I feel like he is breaking up with me because things are too real and he ia running from his feelings. He talks like he was such a bad person. We has our issues but every relationship does. He felt as he mistreated me. He had moments as did I. He is too hard on himself.

2. AdamMithrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Boyfriend broke up with me "I dont know whats wrong with me but I meed to figure

Have you tried outdoor activites?... instead of watching anime or play games why not go hiking, camping etc...

And instead u go as his lover, do all the stuff as his friend.. do things that u would do as a friend.. i know you love him but maybe right now he just need a friend and since he don't have one, be one..