1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I reach out to him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mlansing, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mlansing

So I have been visiting family for the past few weeks and I'm about to head home this Thursday to another state. I went on a date with this guy I met online and on my end I was just like zomg this guy is amazing! I texted him after our date saying I found him quite cute and to have a good Christmas. He responded the next day with a sorry for the late reply and you are quite handsome as well, but I haven't heard from him since then (I replied to his text making a joke how I thought my hair sucked that day but thanks anyways to which he didnt reply).

When we were on the date he said he would be back jan 8 and I said well I leave jan 12 so that doesn't give us much time but I was still thinking I would love to see him. At this point jan 8 has passed and my departure is right around the corner but I haven't heard from him. Do I reach out at this point or let it go? Should I go back home and say too bad we ran out of time but if you're ever in my area and feel like hanging out let me know? I wouldn't care if I didn't think he was pretty amazing when I met him :frowning2:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want him, reach out, but be prepared that maybe he doesn't return the feelings, but you should at least give it a go and find out :slight_smile:

3. mlansing

Thanks, I've decided I will reach out. If nothing else I can at least try to end things on a positive note. Will provide an update once I have one :slight_smile:

4. mlansing

Well I sent him a text yesterday and we had a brief but promising exchange. I then asked him if he wanted to hang out before I leave this Thursday and he said yes, count me in, with a smiley face and an exclamation point. I was super excited at the time! Only thing is I then asked him if he was free any time tomorrow (my last full day) but that was almost 24 hours ago and he still hasn't replied :angry:

He either a) is really bad at texting, b) really busy, c) LOVES to be chased to the max, or d) is just not that interested and is playing games with me. Tbh I'm not really interested in any of those options, so at least now I know that I need to move on :frowning2: :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 04:33 PM ----------

Btw that first sad face was supposed to be an angry face, haha.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 04:36 PM ----------

Another option is that he could be lazy, but again that's not an option that interests me much :wink: