1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting in a difficult situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Will the thrill, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Will the thrill

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've talked about this guy before on the forum, and now since the guy I used to have a thing with sorta fizzled out I'm moving on. There is this guy in my shop class who I feel I'm maybe making a connection with. I've been getting to know him a little bit, and having friendly conversations, but I want to move it to the next level. The problem is i'm not out and I am not sure of his sexuality quite yet, and he is friends with a very old friend of mine so if things go bad. I want to test the waters by flirting a little, but I don't have a clue what to even say. He smiles when he talks to me and doesn't break eye contact. What are some things I could say that aren't totally up front but are definitely flirty?

Thank you

2. mlansing

You should try to find out more about what he's into to gauge whether he might be into guys or not. Usually guys at your age are thinking about girls nonstop if they're straight. If he's not talking about girls at all, that may or may not provide some help to figuring him out. But when it comes to flirting, especially if it's between two teenage guys, always mask it as a joke so you have a way out if he thinks it's weird or gets uncomfortable. If you're close enough to him and he does something attractive just be like "dang will you date me? No I'm serious, that was awesome" or something along those lines. Not sure if this helps at all but good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Will the thrill

Out Status:
    A few people
    mlansing,
    Thank you for the helpful advice. He has never once said anything about a girl, so that's an encouraging sign. I'm gonna try what you said to do by being a little more forward, as well as getting to know him better, thanks again
    :icon_bigg

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Will the thrill,

You could also try to determine his attitude towards LGBTQ people and issues a little better by mentioning a few things along those lines to see how he reacts. For example, if an LGBTQ subject comes up at school, you could mention it to him and ask about his viewpoint. Or say that you saw a program on TV 'last night' about (gay marriage, LGBTQ rights, etc) and ask him what he thinks about that.

Just a thought.:slight_smile: