1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous about public affection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bimusiclover, Jan 11, 2017.

1. bimusiclover

bimusiclover Guest

I've got a crush on a girl who I know is bi, but whenever I think about being affectionate with her in public I get so nervous just thinking of what other people would think. I want to be with her but I would be so self conscious all the time. I'm quite an anxious person generally but im not fully out and thinking about being with a girl publicly just makes me so nervous. Any tips?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been out for more than a decade and I'm still nervous about that sort of thing. I tend to avoid PDA in general, although I fear some girls might think I view them as something to be ashamed of.

Does this girl even know you like her? Maybe if you get together you can discuss this issue.

3. thoughtbubble

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it depends on where you live. I live in a very liberal and accepting city. I can show pda without worrying too much. I still do have to remember where I am because I generally know where it is safe. Since I am a teacher, if I am anywhere close to my school, I do not even hold hands. Even in the city I am in, the most PDA i show is a quick peck and very little hand holding. It was very hard at first; you'll feel more comfortable later on

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Handholding seems pretty innocuous. (Mostly, thoughtbubble has a perfectly valid exception.) Girls get a certain amount more leeway with PDA than guys. (At least up here in North America.)

Positive story: I was at a high-profile triathlon last summer. Two fit and attractive women were setting up their bikes, getting wetsuits on, and then gave each other a big full-on I-love-you good-luck kiss. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Made me feel happy. Things get better!

5. bimusiclover

bimusiclover Guest

Thank you everyone! That's made me feel better that it's not just me and it does get better x