1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little perspective on this one.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whatsupdoc, Jan 14, 2017.

1. whatsupdoc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone,

You know how sometimes you get in your own head and need a little outside perspective? Well I could use it in this scenario. I have just started dating a guy, he was so nice and I have ended up crushing hard. I thought he was interested and it was great.

Now I'm not the kind of guy that does hookups, no judgement, they're just not my bag. I enjoy sex though so, whatever.

Anyway, went on a second date, one thing led to another and we ended up going back to mine. We had a great time and it seemed really intimate but since then I haven't heard anything from him.

I sorta feel really weird about the whole thing. Ive had sex with other people but this is the first time I have ever felt, to be honest, used.

Am I over-reacting here? Im not sure why I feel so weird about it? I sort of want to text but feel I shouldn't for some reason.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long were you dating, and how long have you lost contact? Did you tell him you don't do hookups?

Whatever his reasons for no contact, your feelings of being used are legitimate. Maybe this is a case of "ghosting." If you want to text him, be prepared for no response.

Don't let this experience keep you dwelling on the past. Keep going on dates with guys who are more respectful and honest about their intentions.

3. whatsupdoc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We had only been on 3 dates, I know it's not very many. I guess I'm just a little annoyed because I quite liked him, I was very clear I wasn't into hookups and he said the same. I guess I wouldn't even be bothered if he said he wasn't into me, he just seemed so keen and it's frustrating not knowing. Ghosting sucks!