1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stumbled into something serious?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CptPlanet, Jan 14, 2017.

1. CptPlanet

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been dating this guy for a few months now. Initially when we first met we both thought it would be just a casual thing. As time we progressed on the "relationship" has progressed into something more than either of us has expected. He was in a bad relationship previously and I'm still closeted so that has both of us a little hesitant.

Now I'm a probably a lot of bit emotionally expressive than he is...which I mentioned to him. He asked me to not change that and said that he likes that I tell him how I feel. Him on the other hand it's very random to get him to say how he feels. We talk everyday, and usually on the weekends we spend time together. Now in the past, dating wise I have never been publicly affectionate. Also, I have been contemplating on my sexuality for a while so I would have never imagined being around a guy that was openly gay (only because I'm military). But with this guy I don't care, it's like I don't see anything or anyone when I'm with him and he make me feel secure.

So recently, I started to pull myself back just a little because I got a little paranoid. I felt like I was a little overwhelming for him and also for myself. Shortly after, he was openly expressive telling me how I make him feel which was shocking and then asked that we spend more time together than normal. I think about him all the time and it's crazy to me because usually that is not me at all. I just wonder if he feels the same way? It's so hard to tell with him. Every time I think about pulling out of the situation he finds a way to pull me back in. It's weird it's like he knows whatever I'm feeling insecure/pissed about and does something to make me feel otherwise. I like that part about him but I wish I didn't have to read in between the lines. Now we haven't had sex yet, we fooled around a lot but never had sex and he knows how much it means to me and told me it's no rush.

It's sounds one sided support wise but I'm his biggest cheerleader and I think it's something he's not use to. I'm always pushing him, reassuring him that he is awesome....well because he is. He is a bit of a smarta** but that's just his way of expressing himself. My question is what do I do? Where do I go from here? Has anyone been in a similar situation?