1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships and Family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Winter Maiden, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am single now and although I've had crushes on people and others on me I'm still scared to have a relationship with someone. Mainly because I'm trans (pre-everything) and I'm afraid if I do end up in a relationship with someone they either find out on their own that I'm trans or I tell them and they leave me because of it. I don't know how much longer I can go without telling my family. What I have noticed though is that my mom tends to call me her daughter (but she then "corrects" herself) quite often without her even knowing I'm trans. I just wish I was never born this way. Everything would be so much easier--in my opinion--had I been born with a female body. Sorry for the longish post i was just wondering if anyone had any advice regarding relationships with people if they do not know that you're trans. As for my family, however, I don't think I'll ever tell them. Thanks for taking the time to read this if you have made it to the end.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might not be a popular response, but if you find yourself in a serious relationship, I would tell your partner.

Imagine you have a mental illness that doesn't manifest all the time. You would want that person to know about it, to give them a fair chance at deciding if they can honestly deal with that side of you in the future.

Not that I am in any way saying transgenderism is a mental illness. But those kinds of confessions both require a lot of courage and put you in a vulnerable spot. I just believe that honesty is the best policy in these sorts of situations. You avoid a lot of conflict if you put your cards on the table at the appropriate moment, rather than come out to them later and they are really confused.

Just my thoughts on the subject. I hope I didn't come across too harsh. :slight_smile:

Sebby45