1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably just in my head...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RubrumLovy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. RubrumLovy

Just wondering if anyone's had this experience:
    You're trying really hard to flirt with someone who you're into (in this case female) and they don't realize you're even flirting. But with someone you're not into (in this case male), they pick up immediately...
    or is it just because it's between females (in my case two people who look female) and they don't even realize because I'm not on their radar.
    Whenever I see someone I'm attracted to though, I have a humongous panic attack and they don't even realize, but my friend's just next to me "what the heck are you doing" as I try to dig myself a hole... lol
    also does anyone's face do that thing where when you blush, it's more of a BLUSH! Your whole face, ears, and neck become redder than a tomato? I'm trying to be all cool, but my skin's like "SABOTAGE!" (me) :bang: (my skin) :grin:
    my life's a comedy act, but it's all in my mind....

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I embarrassingly relate to all of this... :slight_smile:

Firstly, yeah, with a lot of people (where you don't know what their sexuality is for sure), they're not expecting flirtation from someone not of the opposite sex. Or they could be insecure, doubting whether anyone would actually be interested in them; or maybe their mind is just so busy they don't pick up on your flirtation for whatever reason. In any way, so long as you're obviously flirting, it's not your fault they don't realise you're flirting.

I have a terrible blush tbh. I don't even blush around people I have a crush on(!), but if I see a cute guy I don't know - especially when I'm out with someone who I'm not out too - then BOOM I've got a literal red head. It's completely random and only happens sometimes but it's really embarrassing. I've even had people ask if I'm okay, if I'm choking, if I'm having hot flushes or an allergic reaction! Don't worry, you're not alone with the severe blushing :grin:

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2017 at 11:12 PM ----------

P.S. idk why there's a banana man partying in my answer

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of it might be gender socialization, if you are being read as female...well, most women are affectionate to one another and joke flirt all the time. So they don't view it as a sign of interest. While men are socialized to sometimes view a woman even talking to him is "interested" in him so they are more receptive.