1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

These feelings for this guy I just met

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aptiva, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So last Friday, while walking home, some other guy who was going the same way I was kicked up a conversation with me about how nice the weather was, and until we had to go separate ways, we kept talking. He was friendly and asked questions about my schooling and I explained. Seems normal, right?

Well, this is where things get confusing for me. When we were talking, I felt no trouble telling him about myself. Normally, I'm very uncomfortable when speaking like that to new people but with him, I felt very comfortable and I didn't want to stop talking to him. Then, after we parted, I kept thinking about him. In fact, I'm still thinking about him quite frequently even nearly a week later even though we technically only knew each other for about 10 minutes. Even now, when I walk home from school, I hope to run into him again, because I regret not getting his number.

He's not super incredibly amazingly hot or anything but he certainly isn't ugly. Hell, he's even shorter than me and I've always had a preference for guys taller than I am, but I think I like him. He was really friendly and almost seemed to anticipate seeing me again too. It's so weird though, how I felt like I already knew him and was comfortable talking to him when I normally avoid contact with strangers as much as possible. Even when someone is really nice and friendly to me, I don't feel this way around them, no matter how attractive I find them.

I'm very confused about this. What does this mean? I really hope to see him again sometime soon.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2017 at 10:47 PM ----------

To add to this, I also normally feel uncomfortable when strangers are very friendly and social with me, but with this guy, I was totally comfortable and wanted the conversation to continue

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm. I don't know what to say. Maybe you felt comfortable because he seems like a good guy that had this huge positive aura. If you do plan on running into him again, what will you do?

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Some people are really good listeners: they know when to be quiet, when to speak, what to say etc. You naturally feel at ease around them and able to talk to them, as you say, even if you've only just met them.
    It doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to him but it sounds like you'd be interested in having some of positive relationship with him, probably friendship.

If you see him again, chat with him just like you did, make sure to get his name so you can add him on FB or get his number or something. :slight_smile: