1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I masturbated with my male friend over the phone .

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Joeyt66, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Joeyt66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Me and my male friend were talking over the phone and the topic just diverted. We started talking about sex and stuff like that . we spoke about what we would do to each other and then masturbated over the phone . now things have become awkward between us . i dont know what to do.

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual urges are part of human nature, there is nothing inherently wrong to masturbation, or with sexual feelings, its just a social taboo we have, right?

I suggest you talk about it with your friend, being frank. Why would things be awkward between you, if you enjoyed something nice together? I mainly blame this awkwardness to lame social rules about what we should or shouldn't do.

I am gay, I have several male and female friends. I have kissed most of my friends, female and straight included, just because we felt like it. Just for fun. Of course, this demands some kind of openness and friendship, but it never felt awkward, because it shouldn't be.

I never had the chance to kiss a straight male friend, but I've had encounters with bi male friends, and we are still friends, just like with my female friends.

Affection is not awkward or wrong. Wrong is violence and people hurting each other.

Try to talk to him about it, check if he is comfortable talking about it, if you are yourself. You can try to be subtle, like "hey, about our phone call, do you feel we should talk about it? Or we can just forget about it if you want. How do you feel about it?" or simply "we don't need to feel weird about that, its ok"

#2 Gleeko0, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree with GleekoO. Talk about it with your friend.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communication is needed. Might not be as bad as you think.

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    as awkward as i may be, talk about with about it. Its always very unfortunate to lose a friend because of silly things. its perfectly normal and it would be sad to lse a friend because of this

6. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sounds like you guys need a serious talk! It seems you both feel the same way, and maybe are afraid to pursue it? In fear of losing your friendship?

Either way I think if you discuss it, who knows, it could end up better than you expected!

7. Joeyt66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for your help guys....
    Now that i try to approach him he tells me he is busy and its been two weeks already. We dont text or talk like before. He doesn't have time to talk to me! I think i actually lost a friend .....

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could send him a message with more detail. Could you send one saying look I understand if you dont want to talk about what happened, thats cool we can just forget it I just dont want to lose my friend. That way he can be safe in the knowledge that you arent going to pursue it if he doesnt want to.

9. TOM666

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does he identify as gay/bi?
    I just started a relationship with a longtime close friend who previously only thought of himself as straight and it's going great.
    Your question is impossible to answer without knowing his sexual orientation and the nature of your friendship. (Is he just a good acquaintance, close friend, etc.)

10. Joeyt66

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hes straight and we are just friends met recently at a wedding and then we started talking to each other ...a lot .....and we liked each other too .