1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he love me? because I think he's staright

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ahappysadsoul, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ahappysadsoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello guys!
    I have a major question and I am really stressed about this, and I really wish that things turn out as I have always wanted.
    I am 19 (absolutely closeted) and am a university student. In my 3rd semester I had a major crush on one of my very good friends. I used to stare at him all day long. I am not sure if I loved him or was it a mere crush or infatuation. I started watching movies with him I would hold him close to me whenever we watched a horror movie and seldom did he have any problem, but occasionally he would jokingly say that he got gay vibes from me (how I wish he knew that was actually true). I loved being with him, looking at him. Eventually we became really good friends (at least from my end). Then came issues; he started talking to me about this girl friend from no where and obviously I didn't enjoy that. I knew he was straight but I couldn't have him speaking about spending time with his girl friend. Slowly we were not the best of friends as we were. I came to realise/understand that how much I tried or loved him things wouldn't materialize as I would want them to. He is extremely hot and masculine and I knew that he couldn't be gay. So, to keep him away from me I started to look specifically at what I hated about him just so that I could live peacefully and not go crazy for him at all. Obviously it was very difficult but eventually I succeeded. He still considered me a good friend and I flirted with him as and when I got an opportunity, jokingly.

Semester break. He texted me during the vacation I replied humbly. He kept on addressing me as his 'love', like "Hey love!", I didn't take it seriously. Everything was normal. I did not have the craze for him anymore but I did wish for something to happen.

Semester IV. Everything has changed. He keeps on texting me, stealing glances. So once we were talking over texts. He replied in few minutes and I didn't reply back. He replies again. I asked why he replied twice. He said "I was missing you, and hoped that replying twice would make you shout at me and eventually you'd talk". This melted me and I am continuously looking at the same even now. All this semester he has calling me cute, trying to show he loves me, he would randomly come and sit on my desk, and as usual he would treat be specially. To sum up he's doing all that I was wishing for. But the problem is I strongly believe he is straight. I do not know what should I be doing now. I do not want to do something drastic that would spoil our friendship. Because of all these acts he has been doing, I'm afraid I am back into going crazy for him. I am unable to concentrate on my work. I am so helpless that I feel like crying. In short, I am devastated and confused.
    I wish I could know by same means if he loved me or if he was gay.
    I humbly request you guys to please help me on this.

Thank you

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It might be a good idea to come out to him, so he at least knows what effect his actions could have on you. I know it might be hard, but really, if you come out to him, there's a high chance he'll tell you if he's straight.

3. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes, if you want to know better what he's thinking, then it's best to come out to him. If you can't do that, (which is perfectly understandable), then I suggest you take this for what it is, a friendship. It seems that he wants your attention, but that doesn't necessarily mean he feels the same way as you do. If you can try to go back to not feeling so crazy for him like before, it's probably the best for now.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming out would be best, but since you live in India, you may need to be careful who you come out to. I would suggest close friends who you trust and who have shown they are not homophobic. Also, try to find some LGBT friends so they could provide a safe place for you to talk about the coming out process and even just discussing crushes.