1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I take a chance at ruining our friendship to suggest the possibility of LDR?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hillwanderer, Jan 23, 2017.

1. hillwanderer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So there's this girl I've been talking to for about 3 months. We met online and just started talking about stuff like our favorite bands and little things about our home countries (she's in Europe, and I'm in America). We never really stopped, and now we send each other really long text messages every day and Snapchat all the time. I get the feeling like maybe she likes me more than a friend, since she never lost interest and asks things about me all the time. She also calls me "dear" a lot, which at first I didn't think much of because I figured it could just be a cultural difference and maybe that's just a friendly term where she's from, but I'm not sure. She also has called me cute several times. I really like her, and I like to think about the possibility of being more than friends. We haven't Skyped yet, though. I mentioned it once and she seemed interested, but we're both kind of busy and it hasn't happened yet.

Recently we've been talking a bit about relationships. We're both single and have very little dating experience. We've both known we were gay for a while, but have never had girlfriends. She said something about "when we both get girlfriends," and I'm at a loss for how to respond to that. Maybe it's too early to bring up the possibility of an LDR, or ask if she'd even be interested in one, since we haven't even talked face-to-face. But since we've been talking for a while about pretty personal stuff, I feel like we know each other well by now. I don't want to just say, "Yeah, I hope we both meet the right person soon!" or anything like that because then she'll think I'm completely disinterested. Any ideas about what to say to her?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Should I take a chance at ruining our friendship to suggest the possibility of LD

Just try to sneak it into conversation. Even if she says no, it shouldn't harm the friendship if she's a good friend.