1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date ideas? Help me out guys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sarkzar, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Sarkzar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not currently in a relationship, and even though I never got any complaints from my past girlfriends I've always felt that I was sorely lacking in the whole creativity department when it came to dating.

I get that what I do is gonna depend on the interests of whoever I end up with, but I figure asking around and getting ideas couldn't hurt! So if there's a cute date you've always wanted to go on/a date that you've been on that you loved, feel free to share!

2. Really

Although it can be expensive but doesn't have to be, I always think being a tourist in your own city can be fun. See the sights. :slight_smile:

3. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Sarkzar!

Some ideas for ya!:

Find a nice restaurant - always a winner with my wife. With our full time jobs, we eat in a lot, the same food, the same recipes, the same take aways. When I book nice restaurants, she loves getting all dressed up and taking her time with the menu. Cocktails. Somewhere with nice music. Our fave is a wee piano bar near us. This us also good for chatting, unlike cinema dates.

Comedy Club - my personal fave. We go lots. After a long week or more of work work work, it's always awesome to get dressed up, get a nice glass of wine and just LAUGH till your ribs hurt. Good conversation started for new couples too.

Days Out - not sure what the U.S. version will be, but check out apps like Groupon and Wowcher. Find days out. We live in Scotland so we go walks in the countryside and beach, birdwatching, spa days, trips to scottish islands and castles...

Join a fun Class together - we go to Zumba together. Awesome music, lots of giggles when you are trying out new moves.

Go to a Pool / Snooker bar / bowling alley / ice skating. Another one of my faves. I'm either weirdly great at it all, or shockingly bad. More giggles!

*wife comment - GO KART RACING (I suck at this, she rocks - fun though haha)

Nights in (when your ready) - get out the video games. Racing games. Punch em up games. My personal fave - Just Dance on the Nintendo Wii! I ROCK! And board games. Can't beat a game of drunk monopoly!

Brewery Tours - Scotland loves it's whisky, so lots here anyway :slight_smile: OH and PICNICS. I loveee picnics.

Live Music Gigs - T in the Park, soooo many memories (Scottish again, sorry lol, but it rocks!). Lots of pubs do live music too though. Or Theatre shows! A wee sing and dance is always good.

Fairgrounds - merry-go-round laughs and rollercoasters!

Museums and Art Galleries - yawn to me, but she lovessss it. Peace and quiet and holding hands.

I think I'm done!!!

But yeah, ask questions of your future girlf, see what really makes her tick, what makes her smile, then go from there :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2017 at 12:14 AM ----------

OH and Zoos!!! :grin: