1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jacob D, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, it's me Jacob. My apartment lease expires on Tuesday, January 31, 2017. I'll be moving out on Sunday morning January 29. I feel good about leaving this place because it holds too many memories of my ex-girlfriend. Time to move on and move forward with my life is my new motto. I've come to accept that I will never receive a dime from my ex who's name was shared on the lease next to mine, and who technically broke this lease by leaving one day while I was at work last October. Management (she didn't inform them she was leaving) told me I was legally responsible for the remainder of our signed agreement. So I sucked it up and paid November's rent and December's rent by myself. When I asked my ex for reimbursement she accused me of harassing her so I dropped it. I still love her (yes I know I shouldn't but I do) and so I decided to let it go even though I needed the money.

I'm moving in with my best friend Brandon. We will be roommates and share the rent and bills. This is something we have been discussing since New Year's day. I've spoken about him in other threads so I won't bore you with anymore details about us or our friendship Anyway his place is big and I get my own bedroom. Maybe now I can finally put my ex out of my mind for good. At Brandon's place there is nothing there to trigger memories. My stepbrother, his partner, Brandon and my father will be helping me with my move. I've started some of my packing but there's still a lot more to pack and get done. I feel good, happy and ready for this move. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best of luck, Jacob!:slight_smile: Hopefully, you make a complete emotional break from your ex once you move...

3. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Quantumreality!

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best wishes Jacob...I come to find out that a new location and new place can help a lot with moving on and moving forward in life. I know for myself when my partner passed away...I was bombarded with so many memories every where I turned in our home. However, once I moved away into a new place and location...little by little...I was able to move forward. Although I still hold memories of him..but in a very good way and not with a lot of tears anymore. With that being said...I think your moving away into a new place is a great start for you. Good Luck!!! JS

5. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Jon. A new location and a new place will help for sure. Moving forward is the best thing for me. I need this. I am happy you were able to move on with your life as well. :slight_smile:

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you the best of luck Jacob!

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you I need it :slight_smile:

8. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Glad things are, getting better with you two. Awesome step in the right direction. Definitely forget about that ex!

9. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Henry, that's what I need to hear. :slight_smile:

10. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yea absolutely man! Enjoy it while you can, use it as healing time. Triggers are the worst part, I have them every where i go with my best friend being moved away. Even work is a trigger, because thats where we met..

But thats a great step towards moving on and hey, who knows what will come of it!

11. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Henry, your support has been great. I can't thank you enough.

12. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey you're welcome Jacob. You did the same for me!

13. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like all I've been doing these past few days is disagree with people and overall be somewhat of a pessimist here on EC, but once again I'm going to say I do not agree with most people that have responded to this thread.

While I do believe it is a good thing that you're moving out of your apartment and are moving to a place where you can make a brand new start, I don't think moving in with the guy who's currently messing with your head is a great idea. You'll have to face the source of your confusion every single day, even on days you may really want need distance. It's going to be a lot harder for you to take a step back if at any point you decide that's what you want. Seems like you're replacing one stressful place for another, potentially.

Now obviously I don't know what your options even were, and maybe this was simply the best one for you. And like I said, I seem to be rather pessimistic lately, so I could very well be wrong and this could turn out to be the best choice you've ever made. I certainly hope so. If anything, I do wish you the best of luck and I hope things will go well for you!

14. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have to say, very valid points made here especially if things with B go south. Who knows tho, but then again, isnt that kind of a risk you take with a roommate?

15. Brink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I fully agree with this.

I read the other threads and I think there will be drama when you go on and move in with Brandon. You two sound like really sweet guys, but you don't really know how you feel about him and what your oriƫntation might be. That's okay, but now you are moving in with him and you are not able to distance yourself from the situation. That can be really tricky.
    Well, everything what justin said really. He has a better way of saying it,

Then again; I don't know what your options were either. And you can always move out, when things don't work out...?

16. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Justinf, Henry and Brink1. I understand the concerns you stated and I thank all three of you for sharing them. I think I will be okay. Brandon and I have discussed the possibility of things not working out as roommates. We agreed that if it was not to work out that I would leave and temporarily stay with my parents. We are of course hoping the situation works for us. He lives closer to where I work so it's easier for me as where my parents live further away from my job. Brandon really is a good guy who's not into drama or anything like that. He's a lot like me personality wise. He really is a good friend and I'm confidant it will work out as roommates. You're right Brink1 that I'm not sure anymore what my orientation is or how I feel about Brandon. But I do know two things, I care about him as my best friend and I know I'll figure out my sexuality in time.

17. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Then thats all that matters really. Happiness and love. If their both present,.. thats all that matters.

18. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update: I'm all moved in.

19. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey congrats! Hope the best for you and him!

20. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Henry :slight_smile: