1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend cheating and lying?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by atomic dorito, Jan 27, 2017.

1. atomic dorito

Hello, I have been dating a woman who lives three hours from me for about 4 months now. We want to meet for the first time, but it will be a costly trip. I want to make sure she is worth the time and money. I have a few suspicions, and I would love it if you could help me out:

1: She and I don’t skype that often, she is usually busy and doesn’t often tell me why she’s busy.

2: if I ever question her loyalty to me, she tends to get defensive. Not always, but often.

3: She’s told me of her past, where she has cheated and dated others behind her boyfriend’s back.

4: When I ask her for a selfie, or some form of art or video, I always have to remind her many times before she finally does it. or I give up and never get it.

Take note, she tells me that she wouldn’t cheat, and that I’m her soulmate. Our relationship is public on everything but facebook because she's in the closet, but to ease my anxiety, Do these tips show that she may be cheating?

Sincerely, A concerned human:help:

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's enough to suspect that she is cheating, but I think it is enough to wonder why she acts this way. Has she made an effort to meet you at least halfway? (That would only be an hour and a half drive for the both of you.) How often do you two communicate daily?

3. atomic dorito

she's in the closet and her mom is very religious. also she won't get her driver's license until after summer is over. meeting halfway would be extremely difficult

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2017 at 10:38 AM ----------

also we communicate all day every day

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think those by themselves are red flags that she's definitely cheating. Have you tried talking to her about the reasons behind your concerns? Does she not like Skype? When she's busy, could she be at work or school? How does she feel about sending selfies or video? Does she really forget to do it, or does she not enjoy sending those and you're pressuring her into it?

Long-distance relationships can last, but they require a lot of trust on both ends. If you're questioning her loyalty and asking us if these are warning signs, it doesn't sound like you really trust her.

5. atomic dorito

Honestly I have a hard time trusting anyone.. so no, I don't trust her completely. But I want to trust her. I want to rest assured knowing she's faithful. I've thought about talking to her about it but If I do I fear she may get upset if she finds that I don't trust her as much as she thought. She has a lot of school, and she tends to forget a lot of the things i ask for. that's alright though.. plus we don't skype a lot because she's in the closet and her mom would get VERY upset if we got caught.