1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to bf about being lesbian.. help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by eliheart, Jan 28, 2017.

1. eliheart

So, I have always said that I'm pansexual but have a large preference for boys. I always said that because I believed it to be true, but within the last week, it has really hit me that it's actually the complete opposite.. I, from what I have experienced so far, believe I'm a lesbian.

I have always been pressured to like boys and get married to one so I could have my own kids, etc, etc. All of the hetero norms that are forced on to many females, and males.

I am genderfluid, and my parents do not know, and I do not wish to tell them, because that and me being a lesbian would be far too upsetting for them. However, they are not the issue. I am 16 and a high school junior. During the beginning of December of 2016, my crush and I began dating. We would constantly flirt and talk, but now that we're finally together, something I have been waiting for so long for, I don't feel the same. I am beginning to become more distant and uncomfortable around him because of my recent realization that I'm lesbian.

I know I need to tell him, and I will, but I don't know how. It's going to hurt him so much. He's always telling me how much he cares about me and how much he loves me, and I care and love him too, but not in that way. I prefer him as a close friend. I'm just scared of hurting him. How can I tell him I'm a lesbian?

I CANT tell him in a face to face conversation. I've thought about it and just the thought alone almost gives me a panic attack. I've seen people talk about writing a letter or email? Please help. Please.

2. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It might be better to talk this things through in person. It'll give both of you a chance to tell each other everything that needs to be said. It would be harder to move on otherwise. This is just an idea. Good luck.