1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

he left me for his girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HoustonAtlanta, Jan 29, 2017.

1. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    quick question.

im a closeted male who talked to another closeted male for about 10 months as friends before we figured each other out.... and it led to sex, both our first times. months went on and we would hang heavy, and we showed emotion, said i love you's and prayed for each other etc...then all of a sudden the textes stop coming in we dont hang much etc. it all stopped.

come to find out, he started talking back to his girlfriend. they are friends but he says they are working to get back togther.

here is the weird part. shes been celibate for years....and hes had interaction with me...but has never had sex with her....not to mention they have been on and off for yearsssssssss

he recently told me that the feelings for me have been put on the backburn and wishes to remain friends.

question to you guys. i let it go but it still sits in my mind...like where is their relationship going to possibly go???

1. they have been on and off for years...
    2. shes celibate so if you are bisexual or gay and love her so much where are you gonna get sexual desires from?
    3. all of our affection stopped so fast im so lost!

is he in denial?? or does he really love her and want to make it work...but how can they make it work if they have been on an off for over 4 years....its obviously something wrong with that picture....

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds to me that he is struggling with his sexual identity which could result with the fact of being afraid to come out altogether. Many times there are guys such as your friend who become afraid of coming out or better yet dealing with the fact of being attracted to the same sex due to the pressure he may receive from family members and close friends and is afraid that coming to terms with his sexuality will result in him losing them altogether. Therefore, from what you have mentioned in your initial post...it sounds to me that yes...he is in denial because he is not ready to embrace the fact of having feelings for another man. Unfortunately, the best thing that you can do at this point is to leave him be. Let him go through this ordeal in his own way instead of putting your two cents in. Allow him to come to terms on his own. Needless to say...although it sounds that you care a lot for him...you probably do your self a favor by moving on. Good luck!!! JS

3. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so dont even be friends with him?

4. bluesky

It sounds like you like him a lot. Right now, I think you should give yourself space from him and let him "miss" you a bit. There's no point in pushing anything on him right now because it's obvious that he's scared of what's going on between you two. It's not fair that he's going back to his girlfriend after what he had with you and expect for things to be normal and that you guys could stay friends. If you want to continue to be friends, that's up to you but it will be VERY hard on you because he will have a GF now.

Right now, let him be.. let whatever it is catch up to him. Maybe he will turn to you, maybe he will not. We won't know and we have to let this issue run its course. But if whatever you guys had was really strong, I wouldn't doubt that he will come find you later.

5. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    its very strong...he still texts me almost everday. i dont know if its God or what but i dont feel bad at all....i actually feel bad for the two of them...because not only will hurt her in the long run by not loving her how a woman is supposed to be loved, he will also be hurting himself fighting this off time and time again...

its like i dont understand why guys push u away and feel sorry for you...i would take hurting a couple of months over my entire life any day.

6. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this the same guy who was an athlethe?

7. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    nope! BUT its the same situation....except with this new person...we had sex. he abruptly stopped text and calling me. im always the one doing the initiation now.

how can you really go back to your girl after having sex with a man? he says the feelings for men are gone and that hes happy with his girlfriend

it seems like he is trying to talk himself out of these thoughts.

im hurt because all the i love you's, the hugs, the kissing, the sex...all of that has come to an end....and im like what did it do? other than love you smh.

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2017 at 11:38 AM ----------

keep in mind we do still meet up....like hell spend the night in my bed, and ill spend the night in his...but there is no more physical...or emotional. he says i have to respect what him and his girl got going on. he said if i am his true friend...i would respect that. and i said i understood. HOWEVER. it sounds like he is trying to convince or make himself straight.

if you have been having thoughts since a child, youve revisited messing around with men 2 times....and you still have these thoughts in your 20's.....mannnnnnnn come on dude, what girl is gonna make u lose those thoughts.

But im not worried...hell be back. he was very submissive to me when we had sex...i dont know how he could please a woman...especially with them being on and off for yeaarrrssss.

but like i said imma just fall completely back.

8. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello...I'm not saying not to be friends with him but at this point...I tend to think its best for you to give him some time alone to rationalize what he wants to do or better yet..what path he wants to take. The thing is that being around you after what you have mentioned in your initial post that it would not be best to be in your company due to the fact of causing more conflict and confusion for him to deal with. Leave him be and allow him to reach out to you on his own. That's all I'm saying. BTW...when he does reach out to you again...this time...put up some boundaries in order to protect yourself. You do not want to develop deep feelings for someone who is struggling with their sexuality that can result in you being hurt again by his actions. Just saying...JS:smilewave

9. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    no you are so right!! we are going to the movies on wednesday but after that i will leave him be. the question is, when i give him space do i text him back as well? or stop that too?

10. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can only tell you how I would handle this if it were me...therefore, I would definitely not text him back. I would just stop all contact with him altogether. I tend to believe that if its any kind of feelings there for you then he will reach out to you without any interference from you. In fact, if you give him space and let him come to terms on his own..it will work better in your favor because he is taking the initiative to approach or contact you first. Another thing...I am not sure about the movie date but that's your call as long as you can keep your feelings intact. Its very apparent I must add that you do have feelings for this guy and deep down I would not be surprised if you are hoping in some way that he will come to terms with his feelings and reciprocate them towards you. This is just what I have suspected from your post. Again...just be careful and if and when he reaches out again to you...just focus on establishing a friendship first and foremost and let everything else fall into place if its meant to be. :smilewave

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2017 at 04:39 PM ----------

I have to add my two cents in on this because I just read your response. I am more certain now that you need to let him be. He is definitely struggling and its almost like he is torturing you so to speak knowing the fact that you do care for him a lot and for you two to sleep back and forth in each others' beds and he let it be known that no physical contact be had out of respect to his girlfriend. Then my question is: Why he is not sleeping in his girlfriend's bed or better yet alone??? In my opinion..he should just not focus on giving his girlfriend respect but you too. In a nutshell...I tend to believe that due to the history that you two have...he is stringing you along so that you will be there once this girlfriend thing comes to past. In fact...I'm even more certain that this girlfriend thing is not a genuine situation and this is something he is doing out of frustration/pressure that he is receiving from either family members or friends in order to gain their approval or keep them out of his business. Again...just my two cents...JS:eusa_doh:

11. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

First of all man i just want to say you are hitting everything spot on!! you are making me feel alot better because what you are saying, is what i feel is going on.

What do you mean by "torturing you"?

one time he told me when he kisses his girlfriend..feels "safe/protected" ? i dont know if that has anything to do with anything but....i personally think thats not a word a male would say if he was "straight"

He doesnt sleep over because he says she is a virgin/celibate and he respects her...he said when she comes over as well she wont spend the night shell go home... something doesnt add up with this...considering the fact that you are a basketball player with tattoos and stuff and muscular you should girls all over you ESPECIALLY wanting to have sex.

i went over there last night smh i gave in...but when i went over there he said..."nahh im nahhh imma always be here im not going no where but its not the same because i have to adjust my attention to her...."

it just doesnt seem real man...its like just what you said...seems as if she is a beard....i remember when i first met him he said him and his girl dont even text like that maybe once a day, and they would break up soon...and they did...keep in mind they have been breaking up time and time again for over 3 years...i dont think its her i think its him that is the issue....what do you get out of that?

when i went over last night..we hugged and i was rubbing his back and he let me do it...

so it seems like he cares but he is so scared that he is falling.....

i just feel guilty because we had sex and it seems like after that the physical emotional aspect of our relationship changed....i dont know if he liked it and ran from it because he was submissive, or if he didnt like it and quit it completely

if he wants to completely let me go and be with her, ill hurt but i respect it...but if she never sleeps over and vice versa, and i do, and you continue to text me or say you love me man.... something just dont feel right

i aint gone lie i love the he** outta him though

12. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This can't go on for your own sake. I don't think you should cut ties forever but at least for two weeks, make him feel what it is to lose you. It'S not fair of him to keep you around and saying things like 'If you are a real friend then...'

Besides there aren't many guys that have the urge or the strength to wait till marriage. Look at the situation, She is perfect because they don't have to have sex. if women don't turn HIM on he can't get hard and the word will get out that he is gay. Therefor this girl is perfect, no sex and keep his persona up as a straight men.

He can't enjoy you both, don't waste your time! Give him space, if he doesn't come around after 4 weeks. You will need to let him go, how hard it May be.

13. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thats the thing afterfshn....he comes around every day lmao. if i go 3 days without texting him, hell say something like u ok? or "i know u seen my snap chat message" or "good morning"

He told me he love me today....

im so hurt and confused...

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 08:59 AM ----------

so are you saying this girl is a beard or does he have feelings...he say he kisses her and stuff...but he says she just wants to wait til marriage.

14. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

In regards to you loving the H**ll outta him...yeah...I figured that out from your posts/responses. What I meant when I had mentioned he is torturing you is that for you to lay so close to him in the same bed and yet not indulge in any sexual contact considering the way you feel about him has to be torture because YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM!!!!!! Also, in regards to whether he like what have took place between the two of you sexually...well...yes, he did. This is part of the problem that he is struggling with. Think about it this way...if you had sex with someone and afterwards...it was not what you had expected...would you still want to sleep in the same bed with this guy???...better yet...this would make it easy for him to be with his girlfriend and withdraw from you altogether. Instead..like I said before...he is keeping you hanging on a string until he comes to terms as to how he wants to deal with things in regards to his sexuality. He figures that to have you hanging on will make it an easy transition for him to have his old standby near. BTW...he is very aware that you care a lot about him and this is why he probably feels that no matter what he is struggling/dealing with...you will always be there for him because of your feelings. To conclude...he will never let you go completely. Even if he decides that he is willing to focus more on his budding relationship with his beard...he is not going to let you go completely out of his life. Just so you know...JS:bang::confused:

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 02:34 PM ----------

BRAVO!!!! I AGREE!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup:

15. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    JonSomebody i think i kinda got you.....so would you say the ball is in my court then? because once again your spot on...he always says hes never going anywhere...he says he gets mad if i stop texting him over a period of time because it shows i dont care (but this was before he hooked up with ex girl.)....he also said that he would take long to respond on purpose to see if i would get offended by it...(this was also before the girl)

also i dont know if this means anything...but she posts all pics of them at his basketball games on her facebook all hugged up...but he has NO PICTURES OF HER ON HIS...

How would you know if she is truly a beard? i get thrown off when he says she makes him feel protected/safe...and also the non emotional and physical with us now...

part of me is saying he was curious and now that he finally had sex with a male he didnt like it.. (but like u said if that was the case we still wouldnt be in contact)....or if he liked it and started to fall in love so he withdrawed back to her...

he has to have some type of feelings because back then he said goodmorning every day and would drive 2 hours tom come see me every day for 2 months...mannn

im gonna move on like you said BUT i will not look for no on else for a while...i hate feeling like this....i will still be his friend though because i have a strong feeling he will be back...

on and off 3 or more years? haha...please hell be back....and then thats only the half...they basically are barely physical and emotional themselves....i just dont see it lasting..but hey to each its own i guess

16. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes indeed...the ball is definitely in your court. I know she is a "beard" just by what you have shared about him and their relationship thus far. Its really not difficult to figure out once you been around as I have. Just like you had mentioned about his girl posting pics of them together on FB and he has not. In my opinion..if he was so into her like she is to him..he would definitely be doing the same and if not posting pictures...he would have definitely had sex with her already. This is where you have one up on her because he has had sex with you. Personally...I had messed around with a straight guy awhile ago. He was the one who kept making attempts to initiate sex with me. The more I resist him..the more he came on to me. I was just respecting the fact of him being straight and keeping our relationship intact. One night, I gave in and we had sex all through the night. I knew he was enjoying it by the sounds he was making as well as the way his body reacted to what was taking place. Anyway...he pulled away from me. I was dumbfounded at first because we had talked over everything prior to having sex and one of the things we agreed on was him not acting strange after having sex. Unfortunately, he did. To my surprise...he told a good friend of his about what happened between us and this friend ran into me while I was out running errands one day and he informed me that this guy had told him that having sex with me was the best sex he ever had and because he enjoyed it so much...he did not know how to act around me anymore. Furthermore, this guy was waiting for me to reach out to him but I refused to do so. I left the ball in his court due to the fact that he initiated the whole thing and I felt don't write a check that your ASS can't cash!!!! lol..so to speak. Eventually, he did come around and we talked. However, since I now knew where he was coming from because now...like your friend..he was confused and wanted to venture out to women again. Just like your friend...he wanted to keep close ties with me and my whereabouts also. He was so concerned about who I was dating or hanging out with than he was with this so called girl he was supposed to be interested in. Although we ended on good terms, I just thought in my best interest to move on from this situation for my benefit. This is why I can relate so much to your situation...JS :eek:

17. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

YUP ! well i may have to move on...he keep saying hes straight tho lol

18. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Also JonSomebody you said that he enjoyed the sex....it was our first time and i didnt use any lube lol....im pretty sure it was painful. are you sure i didnt scare him away?

19. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well..again...I say that if that was really as much as you said it then trust me...you would have known it by now and furthermore...he would not be coming around and sleeping in the same bed with you. I know for myself..if I was in that situation...then I would definitely push you away totally!!!! but knowing me..I would let you know. I remember hearing a guy confided to me about having sex with someone without any lube and he said that although it was painful..but it hurts so good!!! which made him come back for more. This could very well be the case with you and this guy. Therefore, with all of that being said..this is why I say that the experience could not have been as bad as you may think and I think by his actions..he liked the sex. Just my opinion.

20. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

ok cool...he posted him and his girlfriend today on instgram. i instantly got mad!!! i had to delete the app just so i wouldnt get upset.