1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I swear she's at least bi . . .

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by elliephant, Jan 29, 2017.

1. elliephant

So I've been friends with this girl for about a year now, and I really like her a lot. Like, A LOT, a lot. However, one of her friends assures me that she is straight, but my friends (those that know my orientation) agree that there is a vibe there that she might actually be bi or gay.
    I really don't know how to broach the subject with her. She always tells me she has fun when we hang out, and that whenever I wanna go out and get lunch or head to the mall or something I should hit her up, so I know that she is comfortable around me and at least likes me as a person.
    Anyone know how to subtly find out someones orientation?
    And if she does turn out to actually like girls, any advice on how to ask her out? :icon_wink

Thanks y'all!

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2017 at 11:25 PM ----------

BTW: she does not know that I like girls, I think she might have figured it out but I haven't found the right time to tell her yet. So that makes it a little bit harder for me to approach the subject with her.

2. Henry1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Similar situation here with my best friend. Im not sure you really want to bring it up, that could make an arguement happen, because maybe she hasnt admitted it to herself yet. Has she given her opinion of lgbt issues? Is she okay with it? Would like a little more information before giving an opinion..

3. elliephant

Hi Henry1988,
    I know she is ok with the LGBT community, she has other friends from a different school that are gay.

4. elliephant

bumping for a little more advice :slight_smile:

5. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you feel comfortable coming out to her then i would do that as she is more likely to tell you her orientation once you tell her yours. Maybe you could ask her who her celebrity crush is and see if they're a girl, or you could bring up female celebrities that you're into and see how she responds. It's hard because there's no real way of finding out someone's sexual orientation without them telling you.
    I was in a similar situation to you a while ago and everyone thought that my friend was gay or at least bi and i even thought so too but it turns out she's really straight. Just be cautious so that you don't get your hopes up like me an end up with hurt feelings.

6. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Has she given you any indication at all that she might like you? Does she flirt? Stare? Touch you? Ever seem to be giddy when interacting with you?

Does she never talk about guys? Do you ever see her checking out other women?

If she hasn't given any of these clues, I might say that she is not and/or just sees you as a friend.