1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to ask a guy out tomorrow, but I fear rejection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Jan 30, 2017.

1. gaynerd64

I've finally found a guy I like who is single and actually gay (bisexual specifically). I want to ask him out tomorrow but my social anxiety is killing me. I fear that he'll reject me and say no, and that would devastate me after working up the courage to talk to him. But if he did say yes I would be absolutely thrilled because I've always wanted to date a guy like him

The question is, do I go ahead and ask him or just wait?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey gaynerd64,

I would recommend that you go ahead and ask him. If you wait, you’ll just be hanging in limbo (emotionally) until you get some resolution. Since you know that he’s Bi, you also know that he won’t reject you out-of-hand simply because you are a guy. You may or may not be someone he’s interested in dating, but if you don’t take a chance, you have absolutely no possibility of dating this guy that you are crushing on.

Open communication is a key to any relationship. So, if you don't talk to him about your feelings for him/your intentions, you really have no basis to get yourself emotionally involved with him.

The flip side, of course, is “what if he says ‘no’.” Honestly, you have no control over that, but the longer that you pine away for him without knowing one way or the other, the harder it is likely to hit you if he says ‘no.’ Also, if there is a chance that he might say ‘yes’, the longer you wait, the greater the possibility that he might get another bf or a gf, which would shut down any possibility for you, even if it turned out the he really might like you ‘that way.’

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

3. HuskyLover

^ what Quantum said.

Stop asking yourself the "what if" question and just go for it! If it doesn't work out, too bad. If it works, hurray! You can't live your life worrying over "what if" questions because that'll only make you miserable.

4. TOM666

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What Quantum said.

You could just ask him out for coffee as a friend and then on your "date" ask if he wants to be more than friends.