1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A difficult choice...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatBiGuy, Jan 31, 2017.

1. ThatBiGuy

Hello! I am new to EC so bare with me if i do something wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: !
    Anyway, so about a year ago now i declared to my friends in school i was bisexual,
    After doing this I lost A LOT of friends :frowning2:
    Now groups have been switched around and I've made new friends but I'm afraid to tell them as i really dont want to experience loss of friends again. So i came here to ask people who are older and more responsible for help.
    Oh and I still haven't come out to family yet....

2. Mimikyu

If they cant accept you for who you are, they were never your friends to begin with. That being said, I am sorry you had to go through that. Its going to be rough losing friends and it is ultimately up to you to trust them. You are in no way obligated to tell anyone until you feel ready and feel you can handle reactions like that again.

I'm unsure of how old you are but it sounds like you are in high school. In my experience that will be the worst you will see from a school environment. Things change so much in college.

3. Silver Sparrow

Hi there! First of all, welcome to EC. You're in the right place. I'm so sorry your "friends" didn't accept you. Does your school have a GSA? That might be a place you could look to find friends who you know will accept you.

4. ThatBiGuy

Wow, I didn't expect replies this quick. Your advice so far has reminded me of an LGBT chat that happens in school every now and then (Currently dont know when its on) but as I am quite young it's not a frequwnt thing. I believe I'm in what Americans call 'Middle School'.
    Thanks for the advice so far though :slight_smile: