1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely Lesbian Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does being around attractive straight people ever make you feel lonely?
    What about crushing on a straight women who is your friend, but who you realize will never really reciprocate your feelings?
    I think I am suffering from Lonely Lesbian Syndrome.
    Is it easier in college? To be out? To find someone?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that most LGBT folks feel this way one time or another. :slight_smile: If your college has a large and/or active LGBT population, then sure, it will be easier to meet others for friends or even dating, if there's mutual interest. But before you find that social connection, whether in college or elsewhere, it can be hard to find other LGBT people, and thus hard to find people who share your experiences to whatever degree.

How far away from college, or high school graduation, are you? Maybe there are places in your town/city where you could meet other lesbians. And as for college, you can try to look for ones that have active LGBT scenes (or maybe even specifically lesbian social scenes).

3. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes it makes me feel lonely, to me it seems they have an easier time of meeting/finding someone because at least if they like someone they are much more likely to be straight and therefore interested - whereas for us, if we like someone chances are they are not even gay :frowning2: I think a lot of us share that view.

In my college it wasn't easy as there was no LGBT scene at all and people were quite homophobic and immature, now at university there still is no scene - a group was created for us there but it's dragged on with nobody around to join it which is such a shame as the uni itself is large.

I hope you have more luck in your college with finding people :slight_smile: must vary town to town.

4. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in feeling this feeling of loneliness. Haha.
    I think, for me personally, what's also hard is sometimes wondering if someone that I like is actually secretly gay too, because it's always possible but also unlikely, and I hope that they can't see that I like them but at the same time sometimes feel annoyed that they can't.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2017 at 09:56 PM ----------

There's actually an LGBT club at my school but the issue is almost everyone who attends is an underclassmen, so there really isn't anyone there I would date. Also it's very small and so most of the times when I show up everyone else has decided not to show, haha.

5. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are welcome :slight_smile: it's also nice to know I'm not alone either.
    & Yes, that is a problem for me too... I never knew many openly gay girls (always seemed like there were more gay guys) - the ones I knew I was not compatible with, did not get on with, and was not at all interested in. Then the girls I do/have liked were straight (I asked or they just had a male partner).

It just takes time to find someone I guess, just longer than our straight fellows. It can be really frustrating though, for sure.
    But I do feel like there is someone out there for everyone and that somehow you will be drawn together, and it's just a matter of time - take the opportunities/chances that life throws at you.

6. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel you, I have not read it all, because I have to go soon but I felt to reply. To share, to get it off my chest. I am kind of "traditional" and I feel with all this apps and stuff its hard to connect. I did try to go to do some gay activity stuff in a city nearby. I went to the gaypride in Amsterdam. But so many are out for only sex arg hahaha maybe thats just what I experienced but it kind of made me feel even more lonely.

I tried ******* (a dating site) but end up deleting it, tried it again, deleted it.

I dont care where someone is from I fly there, but sigh...I am jealous of straight dating....arg

Loneeellyyy!!!!! I really want a relationship but a gayfriend would be nice to, to share it with.

#6 PianoKeys, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017