1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice for....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Mrcake

Hello everyone. I have sort of recently moved back to my home town and have made a few LGBT friends and went out to the gay bars several times, but haven't met anyone I have been into yet. I am trying to meet someone who is date worthy and would be into me. I have joined a few LGBT groups on Facebook and have had no success, as it's not a dating site. I've ran into a lot of creepers, lol.

I was looking for someone who also likes furrys, is intelligent, etc. I am not sure if it's a good idea to make a (gay dating app with a G) profile because I've heard it's mostly hookups...Also, I've heard of using ( the s with hairy dude preference dating app) as well, but that's mostly hairy dudes. The thing I'm really looking for is finding someone else whose into furrys and also is independent in some way. Any advice would be appreciated. :icon_bigg

#1 Mrcake, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Mimikyu

There are more dating apps than the two you mentioned. Not all of them are sex centered... although its certain you'll run into people who want hookups everywhere you look. Just try to find a few that don't advertise themselves with half-naked men.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my bf through a popular, free online dating site. Something like that might work. You might also try and see if any of your friends--LGBT or straight--know of anyone who they can introduce you to.

4. Mrcake

Lol already tried the whole mutual friends thing and no one has came through!

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2017 at 08:37 PM ----------

Any suggestions for the names? Like maybe what I could search online or app wise to find these? I would think gay dating app might pull up some questionable things.

5. Mimikyu

Yeah don't search specifically "gay dating app." Im not sure what is allowed to be said here on the forum so i'll describe it like you have been. The ones you see aimed at straight people work just as well for us. Apps that start with an o, m, p, or e are the best ones i've seen. Pretty sure you know which ones.

More emphasis on the one with an O. Best in my opinion.

#5 Mimikyu, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mrcake, I feel for ya, at least your somewhere close to a gay bar. It gets pretty lonely in some places of the land of 10000 lakes.

7. Mrcake

It sorta does! I'm sort of going to the gay bar every now and then but I don't really meet anyone I'm interested in. Where I live there's two gay bars by the same name but in different cities. They are pretty cool but the smaller one is more gay. The other one is kind of like a dance club and a lot of straight people go there to dance. I sort of feel like I'm getting desperate to meet people but I'm trying not to feel that way.

8. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you spoke of gay clubs I figures you were talking about Minneapolis/St. Paul. There are many there, I have only been to a couple during the afternoon. Three in Superior, one in Eau Claire, and three in Lacrosse. All of them are like 100 miles or so from me. :frowning2: I don't know what else to tell ya son.
    Take Care
    Dean

9. Mrcake

The Superior clubs are fun! (the flame is the best one). Never been to Scooters in Eau Claire, although I used to live near there. Lacrosse is sooo fun! My ex lived there and we always went out to Chances R and the other one there..I forgot the name. I miss that town. Geez you must be like super far away from anywhere. I thought I was far from the bars, lol.

10. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A few years ago my pool team went to Duluth for the state tournament. I wasn't out/still not so I gave the hotel van driver 50 bucks to take me to a gay bar and to keep quiet about it. Went to 2 of the bars in Superior. They were nice but everything was pretty mellow that night.
    Have never been to Scooters either but kind of wanting to go.
    Chances R is my favorite. The bar tender is nice and is an ally and first told me about the 7 Rivers GLBT Center. There is also Players and My Place.
    I'm married, and I love her, I though it would fix me way back then...I guess I make a trip the LAX once in a great while to be near my on kind so to speak. At least while I'm figuring myself out...
    EC has been great for me because I can have people to talk with that don't judge and I can be my TRUE self.
    I live 20 miles from Rochester and have yet to find a support group there. Also NO gay themed anything there. City of 110000 people, go figure.
    Take Care
    Dean

#10 johndeere3020, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017