1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sad for her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Renegades, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My last crush, whom I confessed my feelings to, rejected me because she said that her life was too complicated for dating. We are just friends, but I still have feelings for her. I can tell she's been having a hard time lately, and I want to help her, but she keeps pushing me away. I've told her that she can always talk to me, but she refuses to talk to me. And seeing her in pain hurts me so much, and I don't know how to help her.

2. Linkmaste

Sometimes we just need to give that person some space if they need it. They usually come back when they sort out their feelings and problems but just standing by ready to listen is always sound advice.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing might be to get someone else for her to talk to. If you're still sad about the rejection, and looking for some sign of affection from her, you might not be the right person to help her right now anyway. But getting her in touch with someone who could help would be a big deal too, and it wouldn't put you (and her) in an awkward situation together.

Later on, after you've had time to get over the idea of the rejection and be more comfortable being friends, it might be easier to be a direct source of support.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, you could guide her to external help, which shows you care and also respect her need for space. In the meantime, focus on bettering yourself, and hopefully things between you two will be less tense in the future.