1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LuciferMorningstar, Feb 8, 2017.

1. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 16, have never really had a crush and am not interested/motivated/brave enough to start dating. Am I simply too young or is something wrong?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't suspect something's wrong without some other sign. Many people don't start dating until after 16, and LGBT people tend to start later anyway, as a result of having to work through some things (coming to terms with being LGBT, finding other LGBT folks to date in the first place, etc.).

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't get into a genuine relationship with someone until I was 19. The guys before that weren't really boyfriend material, it was very sexual and now that I look back, it wasn't very healthy.

Granted, I did not come out until I was 18. Even when I was in school, I had no interest in dating (except for this one girl who made me question my sexual orientation).