1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this girl ... :P

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questions4ever, Feb 10, 2017.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well it's been over a year since I first realized that I liked girls. I've had my first kiss and it was amazing. Point being I've gained some confidence and am keeping my eyes open for any opportunities. So recently I've hung out with an old friend again and she was telling me about how she had broken up with her boyfriend and what not, but then she said something about how she didn't like labels and just preferred to say that she "liked people". And I was like ok she certainly sounds like she might be open to dating a girl. I dropped a hint of my own by saying something along the lines of "yeah I hear that - I had this thing with another girl not too long ago and at first I was my oh my goodness I'm a lesbian, but I realized I don't need to fit into that box either." We've just started hanging out more often as friends, and I don't think there's anything flirty between us currently, but I'm definitely interested. My problem is I tend to do nothing or rush ahead to fast. Should I try flirting with her (and how because I'm awful at flirting)? Should I just go for it and ask her out no strings attached? What are your thoughts?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on what your reading of the situation is, I'd say. If it's been a while since you told each other about not needing labels, etc., perhaps you could bring up the subject again and see what she has to say. Maybe her thoughts have developed a bit, or perhaps yours have. And her answer might give you a better idea of what to say.

What do you two do when you hang out?

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We actually just had this conversation a couple weeks ago I identity as pan leaving lesbian/queer/not straight/gay but I don't really care too much what it's called I mostly like girls but certainly am open to a relationship with a guy (or someone who doesn't identify as a guy or a girl). We go get lunch, go to each other's performances l, and lead an acting class for special needs youth together.

4. Calzona

I think you should try flirting, just smooth and light, if she's open, she will appreciate it.
    And she'll be much more interested than if you just ask her straight up.
    Flirting is very exciting.
    Try to throw hints, To lock eyes, to complimente her, to touch her.
    Just don't be heavy.