1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over someone who upset you

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flyingsublime8, Feb 11, 2017.

1. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety and anger over a situation that happened months ago, I am not doing myself any good by being angry and stressed almost all the time.
    This guy I knew f'd me over royally I hooked up with him, became his FWB and eventually ended up having sex with him (first time having sex). Not too bad but some of the ways very bad.
    He MAY have attempted to rape me (I don't know if this constitutes as rape or sexual assault) the first night we were together he was drunk I was sober enough, we had been making out/ touching bodies/ fingering but toward the end of the night he rubbed his member against me and tried to insert himself without permission/ protection. He wasn't violent and I was silent. He eventually got the gist after about 5-10 minutes rolled off of me said "I'm sorry I'm sorry" and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up afraid that he was going to hurt me if he noticed me leaving his apartment. I don't want to use the words attempted rape if they aren't true I have been getting a lot of various responses from internet sources from "it's anything sexual you don't consent to" to "it's violent and coercive" I am still very confused about this and would like others input.

He didn't use protection the first time that we did have sex about a week and a half after this incident. I was very prominent about having safe sex in the beginning of our relationship. Offered to grab a condom from my car a couple times, told him that I didn't feel comfortable doing things without a condom, discussed STD status', and informed him that I wasn't on birth control. I feel like he put my body at risk for STI's (he had been sleeping with other girls) and pregnancy. He did ask if he could enter before he did so the sex we had was consensual.

Final way he f'd me royally was that he outed me to my roommates and close friends at the time. He did so with the thought that I was already out to them (even though I had told him otherwise, twice, within the last year of knowing him) and he did so while he was drunk.

My roommate/ close friend has been dating him for the last 4 months and seeing him since around the same time I started seeing him (I have always been aware of their relationship I was fine with it at first but I have only become more enraged as time passes). I really wish I could get over all of this because I have been taking out a lot of anger on said roommate via passive aggressive comments regarding how much time they spend together which is every night. She practically lives at his house now. I have tried snapping a rubber band and trying to distract myself even removing myself from the situation as much as possible but I am still upset. Should I talk to my roommate about what happened between her boyfriend and I? Ideally I'd like to just put this in the past and get over it like a normal human being but just because they are dating I can't seem to.