1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with best friend cause of LGBT*-Community

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Amdukias, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My best friend who I know since 5 years and me are both ace, but apart from that our sexualities couldn't be more different. While I just don't give a fuck literally and just live my fluffy little innocent life my best friend thinks of sex as the dumbest thing to do, hates people for enjoying each others closeness and is in some way also pretty disgusted by everything sexual-related. Farther he's against every kind of label and also the LGBT*-community cause it's just as "useless as everything else". I know he's a misanthrop and I also understand the reasons in some way but his view on the community and the people belonging to it (including me strangely) make it really difficult for me to talk to him about my problems (fear of the way my parents will react when coming out etc.) and in some way I also wonder what I have to accept and when I'm allowed to tell him how his comments - even in other parts of my life like commenting my non-vegan food as toxic and stupid rubish for example - hurt me.
    May anyone gets what I wanna say with that (if not, ask and I'l try to explain again) and can help me with finding a way how to deal with that.
    yours Sascha

2. Smores

There is no quota you need to meet before telling him. If someone is upsetting you in any kind of relationship, you need to speak up. If this friend is important to you it's best if you try to stay polite such as,"Your anti-LGBTQ+ comments and/or non-vegan comments upset me could you stop/say them less?"

3. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About the vegan-stuff we talked already, it's still difficult (may because we both got an eating-disorder-background and so tend to behave weirdly around food) but went better.
    Anyways I think you're right and I'll have to get myself together and just tell him without thinking too much about how I'd Sound like his unhappy wife or something @.@