Liking a guy but not sure what his sexuality is

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Drkhrt, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Drkhrt

Warning- this is pretty long, but the detail is necessary to illustrate my dilemma...
    Okay, I need to take it back a little first-
    Whilst I had an account on a gay dating site a couple of years ago, this guy messages me. I don't recall him saying anything sexual, it was pretty platonic.
    We exchanged numbers and would talk sporadically here and there, again, nothing sexual or deep. It was all very friendly. The weird thing was, however, was that despite the fact we met on a gay app, he has never made any reference to liking guys, OR girls. He doesn't talk about relationships or anything remotely sexual, so I feel like, so WHAT ARE YOU? I did throw out some comment about him getting himself a girlfriend, just to see what he would say, and he kinda agreed but I still got the vibe that this is not a straight person.
    However more recently, we have started to have more and more contact, and he will call me 'sexy' quite a lot, which I think he means in a joking way, but it is something I find confusing and odd.
    The other day, he randomly asked me if he could 'take me out' for dinner and drinks, and asked me if my (then) boyfriend (we've just broken up) would mind. I was confused, because considering we were only friends, there should be no reason why my boyfriend would care.
    So anyway we meet up, and weirdly enough, although we had talked for nearly two years, this was the first actual meeting. And I was pretty taken aback when he walked towards me. He was physically my type, and better looking than any pics I had seen. I didn't want to be smitten because me and my ex were still in the midst of a messy breakup, but I was. Totally.
    So we have dinner, and everything is just friendly. Then I suggest going to a gay bar, which most straight guys are not comfortable with, but he was totally cool about it, telling me he's been there and another gay club more than once.
    So anyway we're drinking, and admittedly I found him pretty quiet, but still perfectly pleasant. Then, at a certain point, we are stood against a wall in the bar, and our legs made contact. I thought he would move his leg but he left it there. Then, he was very subtly stroking my leg with his finger. It was so subtle I thought maybe I was imagining it, but it definitely happened. So then I start doing the same to his leg. At this time there was this moment where he looked at me- now, maybe he was looking past me, but I'm pretty sure he was looking me dead in the eye, for a good few seconds. It sounds corny af but it was so intense that my heart froze and I had to look away. A look that felt like it said everything that maybe he couldn't verbally say.
    Then in the uber home, the legs made contact again, but the leg stroking was much more obvious this time.
    We met up today and although there was much less of that, there were still a couple of 'moments'. I have developed this intense attraction that I'm finding very hard to ignore.

Now, you may be thinking, 'why don't you simply ASK him about his sexuality/feelings', but there's something about him that seems so fragile and uncertain that I almost feel embarrassed to ask. I don't really know why because I'm very direct like that usually. I sense that it may be an area that he himself is unclear about, so it just feels really awkward for some reason.
    Now, this guy may be straight and maybe I'm reading into everything but there are just TOO MANY WEIRD THINGS that just do not seem like a straight person would do. What do you think? Advice needed p.s thank you for reading this far, I know it was long!