1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

separation anxiety

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FuelsMySong, Feb 17, 2017.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

I am 21 years old and i live with my parents. whenever I am at school, i miss my pet and I have dealt with this ad realized I may have separation anxiety with her ever since I formed an attachment. Now, a new problem is coming up. I miss my mom whenever she is at work. On the days I don't have class (everyday except for wed and thurs), I would usually wake up at around 11am and she would start getting ready for work at 2 and leave at 3. She would come back at 1am at which point I would already be asleep. I have never had this problem before until now. when i was younger, I was fine with not seeing my mom as often. In the past few years, however, i have developed mental health issues (schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression) that have been giving me distress most days. SO i feel like that's why I feel the need to have my mom around to "take care of me" when i'm sick. I am always happy whenever she calls in sick because I get to spend time with her. I even cried yesterday but i am not sure if it was because I miss her or because I am frustrated with school. Speaking of school, I like having my mom around when I study, which started after my onset of schizophrenia. but I guess i just feel more motivated when there other people watching me study because i feel judged, doesn't necessarily have to be my mom.

Anyway, i feel like I am too old to have this problem. I really want to move out also which is not going to happen soon because I don't have a job. Why am i feeling this way?