1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing sexual feelings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by loveis4walls, Feb 19, 2017.

1. loveis4walls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I came to terms with my sexuality, I've been experiencing many unwanted sexual attractions to many of my friends, whom I feel guilty about fantasizing about. I know that there is absolutely no way in hell that I can ever be with them in a relationship, as they're all straight, but I can't stop my mind from imagining myself in sexual situations with these people! I think this has created some sort of tension between me and many people somehow even without me confessing my feelings, which unfortunately ended a few good friendships. I also feel very guilty about fantasizing about girls who are extremely beautiful or out of my league (which is the majority of the girls I like ahaha) because why would they ever want someone like me? My attraction to women makes me feel very uncomfortable in many situations!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple thoughts:

First, it's very normal to be in a sort of "overdrive" when you've just started coming out. You've been repressing a lot of feelings and thoughts, and suddenly they're all bursting out at once! In time you should get used to this, particularly once you start meeting more LGBT people yourself (assuming that you haven't as yet). But regardless, this is something that should settle with time.

Second, though, I'm not sure why you keep saying things like "why would anyone want to be with someone like me?" Try not to sell yourself short - if nothing else, you've taken a huge step by coming out to your friends. :slight_smile:

loveis4walls likes this.