1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rambling about emotions

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaylor, Feb 21, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really have no one to talk to. My mom and I are "close" but she is emotionally unavailable and that has rubbed off on me. She raised me alone and I still feel uncomfortable talking to her about personal things. Now that I am older I realize how messed up that really is. But it is what it is. I suppose I could talk to her about anything but the level of discomfort that brings about makes me sad, seeing as she is my mother. My mom and I love each other but there is something missing, I mean I can barely hug her without it being strange.

I try not to be as stone cold as her, but I see myself being more like that every day. I do not engage in personal or emotional conversations with friends. When things get serious or deep I just go silent. I have some pretty supportive friends now, but it just feels so uncomfortable. I am hoping that by coming out to them and being truly vulnerable, some of these feelings will go away. But I just wish I had one person I could tell anything to and any time.

I don't know where this post is going, but I feel very isolated from everyone because I am a closeted lesbian and because of the lack of emotion in my life. There is not a single person who really knows me. I worry that I will never be able to really develop a deep relationship with anyone. I don't want to keep blaming my mom but I feel like thats where these issues come from.