1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have bad friends? (Need Advice)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OtakuFreak, Feb 22, 2017.

1. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Guys, currently I'm having problems with many of my friendships. Currently, I'm attending College in the UK (16 years old) and as a result, I think my friendships have turned bad.

Essentially, whenever the 'friendship group' or some individuals host a party of hanging out at their houses, it seems that I am 90% of the time, never invited. Which is completely fine if it was circumstantial as my friends want some alone time with each other (e.g girls night). However, when it isn't circumstantial, I am always left out - like tonight when someone in the friendship group had a party, played games, had laughs, and didn't invite me when everyone else was there.

These occasions just make me question my own personality and whether or not I'm a boring person, and leads to times of me just hating myself even more. I admit there were times I denied invitations to hang out because of circumstances such as deadlines for my studies, time with my sister because she is at Uni and I don't see her often, and the rare occasion of just wanting to be alone.

Additionally, there is a lot of drama in the group and I'm starting to wonder whether it's best to just leave the group before the drama gets to a boiling point and everyone argues at each other, which is what my family suggest ''just be a spectator, don't have an opinion''.

Short version: Friends leave me out constantly, there is alot of drama in the group, should i start to leave the group?

Thanks x

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd give them an opportunity to start introducing you back in, if you'd like. Bring up last night's party. "I would've liked to have gone. Next time you have something like that, could you be sure to invite me along?" How they react to that might give you some clue as to whether or not you're effectively being frozen out.

As far as the drama goes, I'll second what your parents said. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd be looking to make some new friends away from this group, is there anything locally you could join or at college?
    It sounds to me that they are being pretty mean excluding you, especially if your not from the area and dont know other people to hang out with.
    I'd be moving on from them I think but I still would be civil to them.

#3 Poppy43, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the response, previously I have said something about not being invited to parties before, while it wasn't directed at a group but at an individual hosting it, she apologized and told me she would invite me in the future. Fast forward, she has had many parties and has once again not invited me - hence I don't think asking why I was invited is the best idea, as I suspect I'll get a reaction of 'You should've asked'' or ''why is he complaining?''.

#4 OtakuFreak, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017