1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my family is ashamed of me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nothingness, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Nothingness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family is ashamed of me and I don't know what to do. I came out as transgender mtf 2 years ago and they seemed supportive. But lately all we do is fight. My dad is mad at me for going out to bars but I'm 22 and finally I feel like a women. He gets really aggressive and keeps wanting to know what I've been doing. I finally feel confident and comfortable enough to go out and have relations. He says he brags about me but every time he talks he sounds so ashamed of who I am. I want to go back to college but I still have to pay off debt and he reminds me of that every day. He reminds me of my past every time he can he brings up my failures my mistakes every damn time. He reminds me of my own rape like I forgot it. My sister is so mean to me she doesn't even talk to me anymore. She thinks I'm just a slut and a stupid child. My mother acts like she's proud but she sides with my dad on everything. I know I sound like a child but I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to just pack up and leave forever. I just wish I could talk to someone and not feel like they're looking down on me.

2. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have some where to go, like a friends house or if you could get your own apartment then that would be great, just to get away from family for awhile. Leave your parents house on a good note. Tell them you're in a good place right now within yourself but sometimes the things they do make you unhappy. So for your own sense of well-being, you are going to leave. Tell them you love them and you will contact them later and of course they can contact you also. If you don't have any other place to go then, talk to your family individually and tell them how you feel and hopefully they will stop making you feel negative about the way they are treating you. Good luck!!!

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM ----------

P.S. The only thing that will make us truly happy in life is to except ourselves for who we are. Who cares what the church, tradition, family or society thinks we should be. What others think you should do with your life will not make you happy. Even if you fake it and do what they ask, in the end you will be miserable. True growth is learning to love and except yourself for who you are. And then living your life on your own terms. If family can't or want get on board and become a positive force in your life then, in order to continue to grow in a positive direction, you may have to leave them behind until they can be a positive supportive family. Friends are who get you through the hard time because unlike family you can choose your friends and they become your best support system. Good luck!!!!