1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I go about this?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, Feb 23, 2017.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    About a year ago I applied to be apart of this organisation that is aimed at helping young people have a space to reach out for help and gain confidence ect. It is a very large organisation and out of the 10 000 people that applied - 30 of us got picked.

We do training for a year or two and then are able to become proper workers and visit schools and run camps and workshops with young people. It's a great company and I'm
    thrilled to be apart of it now. I've only had one training session, and was happy to find how many gay people there were there.

I noticed a girl who was very attractive and my gay Dar went off. We spoke briefly once and I felt a nervous air between us and blushing, it was only a 20 second convo. However today, i found her on ******. I was so excited when I saw her on there, I exited the app and neither swiped right or left for her. I'm un sure if I should like her on it? We have our next training session in a week and it might be awkward if we match?

Also apparently the organisation recommends not to become romantically involved with team members as we are meant to build and grow in training and it might affect our behaviour and progress. They recommend us not to but it isn't a rule they said. What should I do?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I'd hold off for now. If slots are that scarce in the program, it's probably best to toe the company line for the time being.

Lex

3. lgbtqenjolras

I'd go for it, if it becomes a relationship you can hold of telling anyone in the organization till your spots are more secure.

4. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tread lightly, just because she is of the same sexual orientation doesn't mean there is a 100% chance of her reciprocating your feelings. Additionally, as 'Lexington'' mentioned, you should keep this information away from your organisation till your position is more confirmed.