1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous Girlfriend in Drinking Games

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rachelmk, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend and I are going on 3 years together now. She's 21 and I'm 19. We attended a party together a couple days today with our friends where we played a drinking game that involved kissing and making out with other people. She seemed okay during the game, and we all were having fun. However, today she mentioned that I seemed like I was enjoying myself too much when I was kissing other people. I told her that kissing was fun, but I didn't have a romantic inclination towards them, so it didn't mean anything; kissing her was different because I love her. She didn't accept this answer as being reasonable and told me to leave her alone. I told her I wouldn't participate in those kinds of games if she didn't want me to; she just needed to tell me. She said "whatever" and she's not talking to me now.

I don't really know what to do now. I feel upset that she's not talking to me and that I made her angry and jealous and upset. But if the situations were switched around I know I wouldn't have a problem with it; she was kissing people at the party too and I was enjoying watching her. Any help would be appreciated for when she cools down and we talk about it again.

2. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it was merely a game where you kiss other people, and she was watching. Then she should've stopped and told you she was uncomfortable with it - for her to turn around and act like that is quite unfair. However, I believe you should've maybe asked her if she was comfortable before participating in it.

This is what I would do in your position: I would apologize about participating in that game before addressing whether she was comfortable with it, I would then ask for an apology in return for the way she behaved as it was quite unfair.

Good luck!

#2 OtakuFreak, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017