1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't have friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Grace24601, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Grace24601

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so slightly misleading title but I need to fully explain. Right now I have one friend in my college. I've been trying to be friends with people since I joined but they all have their own friendship groups and I'm just not needed or really wanted. I'm so, so grateful that I have this one friend because in the weeks before I became friends with them I was really lonely and could go through days barely speaking.

Now she's told me that she's dropping out of college. I'm literally terrified, because she is my only friend and if she's not there then I don't know what to do. We live really far away from each other so I'm never gonna be able to see her outside of class. I don't know what to do because I'm not good when I'm lonely.

I don't really know what it is I'm after by posting this.

2. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can emphasize with your situation quite a lot, some of my friends have found new friendship groups and have left me kind of 'unneeded'. However, if you do have that amazing friend who you're so grateful for then you must respect their decision to drop out of college.

While I am not positive on the context of dropping out as some individuals at my College just drop out because they can't be bothered, or have decided to pursue another route to education.

If she is deciding to drop out of college because of wanting something else e.g an apprenticeship, or a job. Then you should respect that, but maybe remind her that A-Levels are very good for someone's future e.g University. Especially considering it's more than halfway through the year of college maybe ask her to drop out after she's finished the year so at least she has AS Levels.

Additionally, you could ask her that you'll miss her but don't constantly remind her of this as it will make her feel guilty.

Good luck!