1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does age matter?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MrWheelz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it wrong of me to be attracted to much younger guys? I just turned 34 and every guy I've had a crush on is at least 10 years younger....

2. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my personal opinion, in adulthood, it doesn't really matter what age you are when dating. It's completely normal to feel attracted to guys 10 years younger.

3. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In all honesty, it shouldn't really matter. I think one could go a little overboard by dating someone more than 30-40 years your senior or junior, because then you're dealing with the difference between the energy of youth and the slowness and fragility of age. Not usually the best combination. But it's still up to the individual if they're okay with loving someone that different in age.

I personally have a problem with my Dad (now divorced from my Mom) dating someone who's a year older than I am. But that's mainly because my Dad is a complete jack-ass and doesn't deserve someone that young, especially after how he treated my Mother over the years. (just a little rant there).

But no, I think dating someone 24 when you're 34 is just fine. They may be a bit more inexperienced than you, they may not be, but that can be part of the fun and the thrill. A ten year difference, once you're all adults, shouldn't be a problem.

#3 MisterMissy, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017