1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpaceGirl, Feb 25, 2017.

1. SpaceGirl

So I'm questioning whether or not I'm bisexual and I told this to a really close friend of mine because I felt like she could give me advice since she's a lesbian but she didn't really say anything about it and I thought maybe she just didn't know what to say to me so I brushed it off until a few days ago when she was saying things along the lines of people who are bi shouldn't be allowed into the lgbt community and are just confused. I felt really hurt by her comments and didn't talk to her for i think a day before she admitted to being wrong but for some reason she didn't clearly apologize? I went back to talking to her but there's obvious tension between us. I don't want to feel like she's against me because she's basically a sister to me and I always thought she would always support me but with the way things are right now I feel like I can't trust her anymore. Can someone help me with this?

2. Jessie Carter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Confrontation is probably your best option. If you don't, what she said will grow and fester inside you and will hurt you more in the long run.

I won't lie, doing this will obviously be very uncomfortable, but it is best to sort out your problems before they grow deeper roots.

Don't be aggressive and do it privately. Calmly bring up your issue, and listen to her when she speaks. Then explain yourself and your feelings. If she really cares about you, she will listen. If she doesn't, she isn't worth your time.

3. SpaceGirl

I confronted her and it seems that she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. Thank you though, this whole experience to me feel like ripping off a bandaid and I know it hurts now but it'll be okay soon.

4. Jessie Carter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, but as I said before it is probably for the best. It's her loss, not yours.

If you ever need to talk, pm me, okay? I'm bi-sexual myself, and my door's always open if you need it.