1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ilovepumas, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Ilovepumas

Hi everyone! I've just kinda found this website and I'm excited that there's a website that can maybe help with this issue I'm having?

So as a 13 yr old boy (at the time 12) I was really nevrous about coming out, mostly due to the fact that I was scared that my parents would either A. Not accept me or B. Not belive me. Well fortunately, my parents actually revived it really well, and I thought that all my anxiety and nervousness would leave. But it's almost as if I gained a new type of nervous. Instead of being nervous about my parents finding out I'm gay, I'm now anxious about them bringing it up. For example, when I was getting ready for bed, my mom asked me if one of my friends new if I was gay. I actually have a crush on this guy but nonetheless it made me super anxious. All though he does know I'm gay, I lied to my mother, saying he didn't know. It's almost as if I keep wanting to not talk about it, and I don't know what to do. In front of my friends I'm very comfortable talking to them about my sexuality, but in front of my parents it just freaks me out. If anyone could explain what I should do to over come this I'd be extremely happy. Thanks!

2. Najlen

If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents about it, you don't have to. You could ask them not to ask you questions about it if you wanted to. It really isn't the most comfortable thing to talk about with parents, and it might take a while before you feel ok talking to them about it.

You could try bringing it up yourself, not necessarily talking about you but LGBTQ people or issues in general. Talking about it in general terms might make it easier to talk about yourself. If you think it would help, you could also tell them that it makes you anxious. They might have ideas about how to help or you could figure out specific things you want them to avoid.

3. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

It definitely takes some time to get used to talking about it with parents and it can be really difficult to get comfortable talking about it with them. For now you could probably let them know that talking about it with them makes you uncomfortable and when you're ready to talk about it you'll mention it on your own terms.