1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father hates who I am? *It's a long post*

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DJHale, Feb 28, 2017.

1. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I wanted to watch the new tv series When We Rise, and the first one came out yesterday.
    It's about LGBTQ rights, equality, etc.
    it came on at 9 and I was dying to watch it, so I take a shower early, and when I come back, the remote is gone, and dad says that "I'm not going to allow that in this house because I don't support it, nor do I condone that."
    So, he left the channel on Ion, which was playing Law and Order: SVU.
    Basically, he's saying that he'll let me watch shows that are stupid (Spongebob), about death, rape, murder, shit like that, and fantasy, but he won't let me watch a show about something real, and now?
    And what else does that say?
    That you condone rape?
    Cause you let me watch it, but you won't let me watch a show about LGBTQ stuff because you don't condone it?
    What the hell?
    I was planning on coming out soon, but now that I know he practically hates, it I'm not going to.
    But I refuse to live in a house where I can't be myself.
    I hinted that I wanted to wear a tux to prom, and he about lost it.
    My mother is somewhat okay with the LGBTQ community, but she's the devout Christian women who believes in "wives submitting to their husbands" and doesn't have a backbone for anything.
    My parents are always telling me to be who I am and show myself, but how am I supposed to do that when they (my dad) openly hates us?
    He's also emotionally/mentally abusive, saying that i'm useless, stupid, worthless, etc.
    I really don't know what to do, except just leave. He's going to kick me out when I tell him anyways.....

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents can't know either. Hell i'm gonna get kicked out if i tell them or not at this point, but that's beside the point. Do not tell them until you are all ready to move out. Make sure you've got a car, a job or two, your own health insurance, and have secured a place to live before you tell them. I've gone so far as to research a roundabout number for how much i'd need to make in this area to survive month to month. I looked up area rents, i guesstimated utilities, i looked up what it would cost to have a cell phone and tv/internet/phone. Everything, i researched everything. I looked up what it will take to get the job i currently want. Do not tell them unless you've got a plan and you've got everything set up to support yourself without them. My parents are like yours only switched - my mom rules the house and is emotionally abusive and even though dad supports the family with his work he won't ever lift finger against her. He can't be relied upon while they're still married, and he's not about to get divorced from her while dependent kids are involved either.