1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I do the right thing interrupting contact with him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alpet, Mar 2, 2017.

1. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi..On Monday, I told my LDR - both males here - of about 6 months, that we were not on the same page, emotionally speaking, as I do feel for him..

We've met on 3 occasions in person. I flew to him for 1 week during the New Year. After my return, I pointed out that our communication was not as intensive as it used to be before the New Year, about which he remarked that he considered me more of a intimate friend, while not being in love with me. Still, he said I was a special person in his life..

Being in this situation, I started to feel a mixture of love and hate toward him.. So, 3 days ago, he told me told he missed the week together, but I responded that there was no point in maintaining contact, unless he felt for me, too.

No message from him so far, and I miss him now a lot.

Should I just forget him??

Thanks..

2. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you think you are better off without him, maybe thats the best. I do want to highly emphasize that I find it important that you talk out the troubles and bumps in the road which there are. Please be honest, especially if you miss him. Get in touch, maybe call him, and calmly tell each other how you feel. See if there is overlap, and if you can go on in any way. Otherwise, decide accordingly, but I want to pressure, please talk about it with him.

3. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the thoughtful input..

4. hiii

I'm so sorry that you guys were on different pages.
    I think you should talk to him about it, a real heart-to-heart discussion, rather than leaving it like this (unless you think he not replying back is another sign he's still not interested in saving this, though he did just say he misses that week). I imagine it won't be without further pain and all, but I think it'll be better to iron things out, rather than spending months or years of missing him, or regretting not getting proper closure, or wondering about all the what if's and the ends you left loose forever. Plus, relationships do always have up's and down's; maybe this is just one of your down's, getting on the same page? Not to mention this is long distance, on top of it all. But I mean, if after a lot longer he still isn't on the same page, then I think you're definitely worth someone who's as invested and interested in the relationship as you are.