1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend assumes I like him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pestjohnbuda, Mar 3, 2017.

1. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay hey,

I really need your advice. I have been in love with my best friend for a year about a year back, so it all started 2 years back. He had a girlfriend, I (think I) got over my feelings and stuff was moving on, half a year ago I came out to him and he supported me ever since. Last week on friday we got drunk, and talked about a lot of personal stuff, and I don't remember all I said.

I asked him the day after on saturday when we went out again if I said anything out of the ordinary, he said I didn't. This same day, just before we went to the club, we were just talking and he mentioned that maybe I was in love with him (it was in line, we were talking about who I liked). I said that that would be extremely weird, and he said he'd find it funny (note: hes straight and has a girlfriend). I now am afraid that I told him I like / liked him on friday, and that he was trying to see what my reaction was on saturday (he does these kind of 'tests' more often).

Am I too paranoid? Would there be a change? I am now thinking if I should ask him if he thinks I like him, which wouldn't be a problem to ask in our friendship cause we tell each other a lot but I am really affraid.

Should I ask him if he thinks I like him? I am pretty desperate ATM

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey pestjohnbuda,

I don’t think you need to worry about it.

IF you did tell him that you like him ‘that way’, it clearly doesn’t phase him. He’s still talking to you as if everything is normal, isn’t he?

At this point, why would you even bring the subject up? You said that you got over your feelings for him and that you were moving on.

Just a couple of thoughts.:slight_smile:

3. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes true, he is mostly being normal, but he is being not replying like he used to. On the same foot, we do have holiday now so he might be busy doing other things, but still...

The fact thát he brought it up worries my as hell, as he thinks a lot about stuff like me, and everything he sais has a meaning. Maybe it was just an off-handed remark, but yeah, I don't know if I should worry. Maybe I didnt get past my feelings if I listen to myself, cause I'm worrying cause he didnt reply after 2 hours (he did now again lol)

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey pestjohnbuda,

Don't you think you might be reading too much into this right now? Oftentimes when we are worried about something, we think that we see signs reflecting that issue in normal, everyday activities around us - even though they don't actually exist.

He may very well be too busy to respond normally right now to your texts.

Perhaps he brought it up as a joke? Since he knows that you're gay, joking about you having a crush on him would be normal.

Try to just relax and let things happen. You haven't really seen any signs that he's even bothered by this, so try not to make an issue of something that doesn't seem to exist.

My 2cents.:slight_smile:

5. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, I'll see him tomorrow evening again and I'll see if anything has changed, who knows. Thank you for your replies, I calmed down some more, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile: