1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Exclusively

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PennyT, Mar 5, 2017.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've recently started dating a girl exclusively. I'm very excited and a bit terrified. I think she's the coolest person, and she's just so wonderful. But I've never legitimately dated someone before and I scared. I'm not sure how all this works. I'm used to doing everything independently, but now I have someone else I need to start thinking of. And I'm worried I'll screw up or have a crisis or my commitment issues will pop up. Any advice? :help:

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be forgiving. She is probably as excited/scared as you. You have already identified the challenge: not being used to automatically taking someone else into account. OK, it's what we spend our whole lives learning.

If you are out to fam and friends, get their advice. Now of course you don't tell them the whole story -- nobody does, or can. But at least they can tell you if you're wrong... it does happen! Hope she is always wonderful to you.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communicate with her! I try to make plans with my boyfriend once every week, even if it's just grabbing a bite to eat.

But don't forgot about your own personal life. At the same time, make sure you don't forget about her! Send a quick text here and there asking how she's doing and how her day is going.

Also, compromise. Maybe you want to hang out but she's got plans, or vice versa. As long as you communicate your concerns, as she should as well, your relationship will progress :slight_smile:

Cheers!

4. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just take things as they come and enjoy it - and what a lovely experience it will be. Try not to overthink things - be yourself and if it is meant to work then it will. I understand your fear though, as it can be a bit scary going from completely single and independent to then dating/being with someone new! Try to strive for balance and you shall be fine :slight_smile:

5. Fattrash17

If you are used to doing things independently then I would suggest to maybe tell her this? Communication is really important especially with things like this. If any case she will understand and will work with you on this to become a little less independent let's say.
    Commitment issues suggest that well, maybe you need to get uses to having a single person in your love life. Do always keep things interesting so that way you won't get bored.
    Also, good communication is key, if you don't talk then things, small things even, can cause the most catastrophic things so do regularly talk, even if it is ten minutes over the phone each day. Just do ensure that you do give one another space. If either of you feel restricted then that can cause not nice things to go on.