1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent treatment after coming out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shasta, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom forced me to come out to her. She seems mad at me and won't talk to me. She says that when she gets home she is going to talk to me. I'm assuming she thinks that she can talk me out of being gay. I will tell her this, I feel I'm gay because I have sexual feelings towards other women. My days things like why can't she have a normal daughter, but she asked for the truth and she got it.

2. Bagpuss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, girl.

Here is someone who also comes from a conservative family.

It's always hard when the parent can't accept you for who you are and then you are forced to be someone you are not.

You should keep us updatet on what is happening.

How exactly did she force you to come out ? And you shouldn't reduce gayness just to the sexual. It is so much more, haha. Even if that would be the easiest way for them to understand.

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well talked to her yesterday and tried to inform her that coming out against my will was really traumatic for me. To her it's no big deal, but to me it is. I have always had feeling for girls. She's trying to imply I'm choosing to be this way. When she talks to me she may try to scare it out of me. She is also accusing a good friend of mine of making me this way

I think she is looking for someone to blame.

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    People have been talking about me or so she says. She found out I have been going to therapy and support groups. She's insinuating I'm trashing the family so I came out to her and I think I'm gay. I told her get these feelings for other women. I told liked girls like she likes guys. I had defend a few friends of mine because she thinks they converted me. I told no I have felt this way since the third grade. My classmates would crush on boys and I would crush on girls.

5. Bagpuss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't quite understand.

She says you should come out while at the same time she doesn't want you to be gay? Doesn't it make more sense if she would just ignore you being gay?

For example, my ex-gf outed me to my mum. And she pretty much just thinks I'm playing around (which I'm clearly not) but I don't really mind if she thinks that if that makes her feel at ease.

Has she really said that she thinks it is not okay for you to be gay? Or are you interpreting what she is saying?

6. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    For my mom I think it's a control thing. But she did address that I do have to be careful whom I dare this with. Also I'm sitting on the board of a local LBGTQ equality group. I shared it on Facebook that I was nominated a board member. Also mom stated that she has always known I liked girls. I have always gotten huge crushes on woman

7. Bagpuss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So she never literally said that you should stop being gay?

8. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but she thinks it's a phase