1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting a relationship but not knowing where to start

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Raydar0110, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Raydar0110

Hi, this is the first time I have done anything like this so im a bit nervous. Im 16 in college and no one knows Im gay. I only know of 1 other gay person in my college and he is accepted so fear of not being included is not an issue.

I just feel stranded. I dont know any gay people personally and I dont want to make it a big thing(everyone knows me as the one of the gay people or for me to just go round telling everyone I meet). All I want is someone to talk to and possibly have a relationship with (nothing sexual yet) just someone to sit with, talk to, hold hands, lay in bed and watch a movie with and so on.

If anyone has been in a simmilar situation and has any advice that would be great I just dont know what to do.

2. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a few gay and bi friends I talk to regularly, but no one relationship-wise. I think far too many of us are in that position, though. We all want someone we can be best friends with but also cuddle and make-out with. It's an important thing to us to have, that connection to another person.

I have no idea how I'm going to find a person like that for me. But if I figure out anything, I'll be sure to let the EC community know, including you. Good luck my friend.

3. L0ser

That sounds perfect :love:

Sadly, I'm not sure how to help you here. I have a lot of the same concerns you do, so I just want to say that you're not the only one who is worrying/thinking about this, if that helps any. My plan is to try and meet some more lgbt+ people at school, make some friendships, and kind of ease into everything.

Good luck with finding someone, and while it may seem impossible at times you'll definitely find someone for you!

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any LGBT clubs at your college? That could be a start.

5. Raydar0110

Sadly not. Being LGBT is not that much of an issue where I live so there are not many if any clubs for it. Also eventhough I am rather outgoing and open in real life I would find asking about and even going to a LGBT club or meeting really strange and un nerving. But thanks for suggesting it.
    Half of my problem is coming to terms with it myself and its only today I have started to look into different pages like this. I have always knew I was gay but whenever I said it in my head it didnt sound right or feel right but I just know that its true.
    Thanks again for everyones support it really helps.