1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with friend/coming out...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by L0L, Mar 8, 2017.

1. L0L

L0L

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. I'm 14. I guess I should start by saying that I am pretty sure I'm gay. I like guys, and I don't think I've ever been attracted to girls. Anyways, after starting in a new school, I told everyone that I already had a girlfriend outside of school, so they would back off and stop hitting on me. This has worked out well for the most part, however... I have been hanging out with a new friend of mine recently, and she wants to know more about my "girlfriend", and I think I made it semi obvious that I don't have one. When she asked to see a photo of her, I acted weird (on purpose, hoping she would catch on and hopefully back off, but she didn't) and kept saying no, and eventually she resorted to saying "Pinky swear promise me that u aren't lying to me about having a girlfriend." I didn't. But I did promise her that we are still friends. Anyways, how can I tell her and other friends, if they haven't caught on already? (By tell, I don't mean like "I'm gay", but more like hinting) I just don't want it to get out to the rest of the class/school, because my siblings also go there, who don't know.

Thanks so much for sitting through all that. :lol:frowning2:!):smilewave

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there, welcome! I'm 14 as well :lol:

Honestly coming out without being blunt is quite hard and it's going to take some time. I think the first step is to tell your close friends that you want to come out to that you broke up with your girlfriend, but you don't want them to tell other people that. Then, you can move from there. Subtly hint at things such as if you are alone with a girl friend and she says a guy is cute, you can agree. Coming out can be really frustrating, mainly because of how long it takes. Stay patient, calm, and make sure you trust people you're telling (and make sure they know that you don't want it spreading).

Best of luck! <3