1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be awkward?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ashuhley88, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ashuhley88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there was this nurse at the clinic I was at the other day that I'm pretty sure was flirting with me. At first I just thought she was like the nicest person to ever exist. I wanted to chat her up, but felt super awkward because I had just gone over pretty much my entire sexual history, and I was there for my annual exam, all the fun tjings we get to do. I was thrown off by just how unbelievably sweet she was. My brain doesn't like to work when I'm around cute girls either. I'm just awful at flirting. But I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know if it was appropriate to ask her for coffee or anything. Now I'm wishing I had just asked her if it was okay to ask a nurse for coffee as they draw my blood, but my brain went blank at the time. I have to go back in a week or two here for a follow up, and I'm hoping she's there. So, would it be awkward? I'm just tired of not knowing how to handle situations like this. I wish I had game. Instead I'm just this super shy, awkward little lesbian that gets all tongue tied around pretty girls. :help:

2. Raydar0110

The worst that can happen is she says no. The second worst is that she thinks you are freindly, turns out not to be a lesbian and then you have a new freind. Or you both hit it off, really like each other and have an amazing relationship. Ive only just come out and I have regretted not doing it sooner even though it has been really hard. Dont regret not doing something that could turn out amazing.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Raydar, take that jump. She might like shy and awkward. And I wish you luck.

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You just have to figure out how to get back into the clinic.

But I agree with the above posters. The simple ask-out ("Would you like to get a drink/have brunch/hang out?") is still the winning strategy. If you're feeling confident (it might happen!) there's "I'd like to etc..." instead.

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2017 at 07:09 PM ----------

Your idea -- to ask her first if it was OK to ask her out -- shows that you have some social skills after all. That would have been a good move. At least you saw that.

5. ashuhley88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have to go back in a week or two. So here's hoping she's the one to check me in and get my vitals again!! Thank you guys! I need to learn to go with my instincts. She was just so cute and soooooo friendly, I got nervous lol. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for scrubs

6. Really

Just one thing. (Sorry for being a downer.) She almost for sure will NOT have been flirting with you. That would be unprofessional; her being a nurse and you, the patient. That doesn't mean she didn't think you were nice but she couldn't have done anything about it while you were under her care.

But having said that, I think your proposed question is a good one. It recognizes the current "relationship" and proposes a different one. :thumbsup:

7. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly.