1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like a "straight" guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by iWolf, Mar 9, 2017.

1. iWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So there is this guy at school, who I have been friends with for a while. He is the one who made me realize that I am Bi. Whenever I ask him, he says he's straight, but we are both kinda pervy so he will pretend to joke and say things like "fuck me!" Or "suck my dick", and I don't know if he's actually straight, because a lot of the time he doesn't seem to be entirely joking. He hardly ever talks about girls, and only when prodded. I really like him, so I feel this could be just me getting my hopes up. He knows I am bi, but I haven't told him my feelings for him and doing so may ruin our relationship as friends... Should I tell him my feelings for him? And is he gay or bi or straight?

2. AngelBlade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmm, it sounds like you're pretty close friends! If he does turn out to be straight, it doesn't sound like it would be that big of a deal. I make gay jokes with my straight male friends all the time. Let him know how you feel. Unless you make it awkward it most likely won't be. We can't control who we like yanno? Feelings are perfectly natural and something that you can't really help. It looks like he openly accepts you and if he does turn out to be straight, it most likely won't affect your friendship. In fact, in my personal experience sometimes it can bond you closer! Remember to be confident and proud of who you are. You can't stop your feelings and if you try to fight them, they'll just push back harder. If he accepts you for who you are (which it sounds like he does ^_^) then he'll understand that it's perfectly natural for you to develop feelings for him. Even if he's straight he might be flattered!

If you do choose to go through with it, post and update here or PM me! I would like to know how turned out for you ^_^. Good luck!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No one knows his sexuality besides him, and even then he may not be fully aware. Are you sure he knows you're bi? If so, then you should really consider telling your feelings. It may make things awkward if he's not interested, but he should be able to get over it if he values the friendship, and you probably wouldn't want to stay friends otherwise.

4. iWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for the advice! It is highly appreciated.

5. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    dont do it, "straight" guys are just heartbreak waiting to happen, I've seen very few successful relationships come from going for a "straight" person, the best is that you'll get a nice intense one night stand and probably never talk to him again he's got to come to terms with his sexuality himself and that takes time, find someone who's out already and has been in the scene or at least has had experience with same sex relations before and knows themselves, its just a mental and emotional mess waiting to happen unless he comes to you and says he has feelings that he wants to act on id forget it and just be friends